• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Two Troopers

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
For about a week now, every State Trooper that's pulled a car over had a Trooper in standard uniform giving the ticket and a second one (One car) in BDU's nurse maiding his back.

I thought it was because of the trooper that was killed and it may be, but who is the GI Joe?
Is it a State Trooper or Homeland Security?

It's OC related because the second one is really working the rear windows over I assume looking for guns.

davidmcbeth

Banned
For about a week now, every State Trooper that's pulled a car over had a Trooper in standard uniform giving the ticket and a second one (One car) in BDU's nurse maiding his back.

I thought it was because of the trooper that was killed and it may be, but who is the GI Joe?

It's OC related because the second one is really working the rear windows over I assume looking for guns.

file a records request ... find out

scouser

Just thinking aloud peter, could one of them be in training ? I saw the commercial vehicle enforcement state trooper on Thursday morning with a truck pulled over just outside Green Bay on 460 when I was on my way back from Charlotte CH. He was on his own as always

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Two troopers is too troopers.

(Not really. I'm just on my second scotch, and it sounded cool. Too troopers, too troopers, too troopers! Say it tree times fash.)

'Scyoosh me, while I refesh...feeresh...get another drink.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by peter nap

file a records request ... find out

Indeed - inquiring minds want to know.

palerider116

Standing to the rear right is the best observer position that does not create a crossfire situation. The second officer can shoot at a 45 degree angle at the driver or down into the backseat of the car.

As for the BDU bandit, who knows.

va_tazdad

Did Mr. BDU

have one of those 7000 DHS fully automatic M4 "personal Defense Weapon" ?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Well if it's HLD ask if you can buy some . 40 off him. I hear they bought 1.6 billion rounds.

Got plenty of 40's. I use them in my 10 mm for plinking rounds. I use the 10 for small game I don't want to destroy much meat:lol:

The uniform is what's bothering me and I've seen this several times lately in different counties.
I am going to FOIA it as soon as I figure what to ask for and if it is Homeland....I'm going to spend some time with the camera. That crap isn't going to happen here.

EMNofSeattle

My guess would be a commercial weight officer..... I don't know if they have that program in VA, but in Washington the state patrol has state troopers, who are fully commisioned peace officers, and commercial weight officers who deal with commercial vehicle inspections, weigh stations etc. but CVEOs do part of their training with the state troopers by riding along with troopers, also in WA CVEOs on duty wear a black jumpsuit that looks somewhat like BDUs becuase part of their job involves crawling under trucks and trailers and a conventional police uniform would get stained or damaged while doing that kind of work.

that's my guess..... what I would assume seeing myself...

but do find out.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
My guess would be a commercial weight officer..... I don't know if they have that program in VA, but in Washington the state patrol has state troopers, who are fully commisioned peace officers, and commercial weight officers who deal with commercial vehicle inspections, weigh stations etc. but CVEOs do part of their training with the state troopers by riding along with troopers, also in WA CVEOs on duty wear a black jumpsuit that looks somewhat like BDUs becuase part of their job involves crawling under trucks and trailers and a conventional police uniform would get stained or damaged while doing that kind of work.

that's my guess..... what I would assume seeing myself...

but do find out.

Here we have the Enforcement Division of the SCC. I used to work for the SCC.
These were individual cars being pulled, not commercial vehicles. Maybe I'll see one today and get a picture.

2a4all

Got plenty of 40's. I use them in my 10 mm for plinking rounds. I use the 10 for small game I don't want to destroy much meat:lol:

The uniform is what's bothering me and I've seen this several times lately in different counties.
I am going to FOIA it as soon as I figure what to ask for and if it is Homeland....I'm going to spend some time with the camera. That crap isn't going to happen here.
Did you happen to notice any insignia on the BDUs? I've seen VSP in BDUs which had the familiar VSP shoulder patch.

paramedic70002

VSP Troopers assigned to truck/weight detail do wear BDUs. FWIW a Trooper is a Trooper is a Trooper. They can be assigned to a variety of details throughout their careers. Patrol, truck/weight, scales, motorcycle, Governor protection, investigations, etc.

Also, when recruits are hired, they are placed with another Trooper for ride time until the academy starts. After the academy they ride with a FTO until released.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
For about a week now, every State Trooper that's pulled a car over had a Trooper in standard uniform giving the ticket and a second one (One car) in BDU's nurse maiding his back...

NOT to attempt discreditation, but what is the source for this information, personal observation? If so, what percentage of encounters do you feel you are personally observing, and to what theater of operation have you been limited?

USNA69

Just out of curiosity ... was the second individual in BDUs armed?

If he is a recruit and stashed with the a sworn LEO until his academy class begins, his carrying a firearm would make me very nervous.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
NOT to attempt discreditation, but what is the source for this information, personal observation? If so, what percentage of encounters do you feel you are personally observing, and to what theater of operation have you been limited?

The source of the information is me!

what theater of operation have you been limited?

What are you talking about?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Just out of curiosity ... was the second individual in BDUs armed?

If he is a recruit and stashed with the a sworn LEO until his academy class begins, his carrying a firearm would make me very nervous.

Yeah, they were armed. There may have been patches but the only thing I noticed on any of them was POLICE written in large print on the back of their jacket.