• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I need your support now!!

Bfiorentino

As requested and advised I am deleting the original contents of this post. I have been a member here since I originally applied for and received my CHL in 2007 however never posted anything. I have used this site for advise and guidance. I could not use my original email address because for some reason when I tried it would not accept it. So it appears I am a first time poster and new member.

Truth be told I live in Liberty which is a burb of Youngstown. This incident happened in Warren, Ohio and the police department was Warren. There is absolute truth expressed to my situation and am confident that was no illegal action in my part. I assumed that this would be a good opportunity to gather support from hose whom I have gathered additional wisdom from would be a decent avenue for yet even more wisdom.

I take no offense to the request to remove as it makes good sense and yes I have a good attorney. I do want to clear up maybe a misconception however. When I took my son to the residence to retrieve his phone the demeanor was merely that here had been a minor altercation previously and support from a older sibling seemed justifiable. Again he extent if the incident was an absolute surprise and I appropriately responded. I would never consider knowingly sending my "lamb" into a "lions den" had I thought for a second that that was in fact what was being done.

That said, I want to express that even the responding officers expressed support in my decision however the system requires investigatory action and I have to go through the motions.

Thank you for your verbal support as it does mean a lot here to me. I hope to remain a member this time for a long time and certainly will be posting and replying more often as I am dedicated to being a true American supporting all rights.

Finally I guess it would be appropriate of me to as for the removal of the quoted story which was originally posted and responded to.

Thank you all,
Brian

Last edited:

1245A Defender

Well,,,

QFT??

Smell anything??

Some of us have been around long enough to see, brand new posters,
come here to write a very special 1st post.
Nothing new to me!
Seen it lots of times.
QFT= quoted or truth.
Smelling has to do with a slight concern for, truthyness.

I forgot to give you the best advice you should get here,,, Hire a good Lawyer!!! Do It Now!!!

My post was not meant to demean you. But .. Best wishes to you and your sons!

Last edited:

Hareuhal

Where are you from...where did this occur...what hospital...what police department...etc.

This type of information will help verify your story. Police blotters and local news sources will have it covered.

*edit* I see your location says Youngstown, did this occur there as well?

Last edited:

eye95

Delete your post immediately.

The quotation of your post should be deleted also.

If the facts are as you presented them, you were not the initial aggressor and had reason to believe that others and you were in mortal danger. However, this will be something settled within the legal system. Soliciting help from strangers on an Internet forum will not be helpful. If you had been one of us for months or years, and we knew you from Adam, many of us would be meeting with you privately, assessing your situation, and likely providing material support.

At most, you can expect advice, post mortems, and verbal support.

The only advice I can give is to delete your post, follow the instructions of your lawyer to the letter, and, once able, get your damned license.

As far as the post mortem goes, I can only say that sending the son who had been ejected from the party and his brother to retrieve the phone was not the way to go. You should have either written off the phone or attempted to retrieve it yourself, abandoning that effort at the slightest of resistance. Frankly, you poked a bear with a stick and were shocked that it reacted violently.

Finally, verbal support, I wish you all the best. If things are as you portrayed them, you did not make the wisest of decisions, but are guilty of nothing illegal, except for being armed while transporting your son to the hospital. However that is an understandable prioritizing. I wouldn't waste the seconds to disarm. Again, I wish you all the best.

MyWifeSaidYes

Sorry I missed the original post. Glad it was removed.

Checked http://records.warrenmuni.us

There is a B. Fiorentino with an open Felonious Assault case in the Warren Municipal Court.

Arraignment was 4/1/13. Not guilty plea entered. Speedy trial waived.

Preliminary hearing on 4/30/13.

There wouldn't happen to be any recordings of the original or follow-up events, would there?

P.S. -

A person showing the name B. Fiorentino, Jr., has many traffic violations and 3 unpaid parking tickets in Youngstown.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
"Speedy trial waived"

<sigh>

Nothing against the OP, but let's see if I can get CoL to weigh in on this approach...

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Is this the guy??????

WARREN

Brian Fiorentino Sr., 43, of Breeze Knoll Drive, Youngstown, was arraigned Monday on a felonious-assault charge after a party and fight at 6:10 a.m. Saturday at 1208 Grant Street SE that injured two men.

Both men suffered lacerations, but neither sought medical treatment.

Fiorentino was released after posting $5,000 bond. The court entered an innocent plea to the charge. Police said Fiorentino had a gun with no concealed-carry permit.

Two men, one 20 from Burghill, and one 23 from Niles, suffered minor lacerations in the fight, police said. One of the victims said he and others were assaulted with a metal baton.

This being the guy or not, no requirement to wave time. What is he waving time to, he has not even been indicted, yet.
http://www.supremecourt.ohio.gov/JCS/interpreterSvcs/forms/english/27.pdf

2945.71 Time for trial.
(C) A person against whom a charge of felony is pending:

(1) Notwithstanding any provisions to the contrary in Criminal Rule 5(B), shall be accorded a preliminary hearing within fifteen consecutive days after the person’s arrest if the accused is not held in jail in lieu of bail on the pending charge or within ten consecutive days after the person’s arrest if the accused is held in jail in lieu of bail on the pending charge;

(2) Shall be brought to trial within two hundred seventy days after the person’s arrest.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
I would guess the time waived is for the prelim since it's scheduled 30 days after the arraignment.

Waving time is waving time. Unless you specify the number of days your willing to wave.

Criminal Rule 5(A) - "In felony cases the defendant shall not be called upon to plead either at the initial appearance or at a preliminary hearing."

270 days from arrest to bring a felony charge to trial.

SFCRetired

Shucks! And I was really looking forward to, for the first time in almost seventy years, seeing someone "wave" time. I was really curious as to how one does that.:lol:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Municipal Courts cannot hear felony cases. If he is indicted he would have to be bound over to the Common Pleas Court.

BB62 - please check spelling.