Thread: Where did my carrige return (new line) go?

Where did my carrige return (new line) go?

Until about 3 dats ago, every time I hit the ENTER key I got advanced to a new line. Now the cursor just sits there, taunting me. No new line = no paragraphing. As I hate "wall of text" posts I refuse to commit even small ones. For the record I'm running Windows 7 in IE, and to actually know that much is a major miracle for this tech-ignorant Luddite. Also,, hitting ENTER everywhere else except OCDO advances me to a new line just like it's supposed to. Anybody got a clue? TIA. stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Last edited by 1245A Defender; 03-31-2013 at 07:36 PM.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Obama care removed the need for a carriage return.

LOL Sorry I could not resist.
    Kentucky Open Carry Group
    http://opencarry.niceboards.org/

We all speak of liberty and freedom like we are the only ones that know the truth and the right path. But if we expect everyone to accept and follow our path and to accept our truth and want to force it upon them then that is no longer liberty or freedom. It is slavery. I believe in liberty for all. Regardless of their political views, religion, race, sex, etc.

Try deleting the cookies.

Banned
    reformat HD

Before you reformat,

try another keyboard.

You know how you love to "pound home" a point.

;>)

Try firefox or chrome, you must have updated IE.

I have the same problem in windows 8 with IE.
    "Public opinion and votes have nothing to do with this. The challenge of the Court is not what they're going to do with votes. The challenge-- of the Court is are they going to protect people's rights." - Al Sharpton

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    I was having the same problem having just got windows 8 using IE, first post in Chrome......

It worked....yay!
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

By chance, did you change the settings in General Settings - Miscellaneous Options?

Message Editor Interface:

Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing
    Basic Editor - A simple text box
    Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls

When posting messages to the forums or other members, there are three interface types available to you. The simplest of these is a simple text box, while the last is a fully-fledged WYSIWYG editor, which allows you to format your text as you want it and see the results immediately.

Depending upon the capabilities of your web browser, you may not be able to use all of these options. If you experience problems when posting messages, try switching to a different interface type.

I think I tried the Enhanced Interface once and it did the same thing. Using Standard Editor solved things.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    By chance, did you change the settings in General Settings - Miscellaneous Options?

When posting messages to the forums or other members, there are three interface types available to you. The simplest of these is a simple text box, while the last is a fully-fledged WYSIWYG editor, which allows you to format your text as you want it and see the results immediately.

Depending upon the capabilities of your web browser, you may not be able to use all of these options. If you experience problems when posting messages, try switching to a different interface type.

I think I tried the Enhanced Interface once and it did the same thing. Using Standard Editor solved things.
    You, sir, are a genius.

Look - line feed!

Carriage return!

I haz happy again!

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post

+1 from me too .. although I did not have the problem I linked to your link and found something helpful