Thread: Forms of Government

Banned

Forms of Government

This is the most rational explanation of government I have ever seen. And it is only about ten minutes long!

It was originally posted in another thread, but, IMO, it is important enough to rate its own discussion.

I rarely agree 100% with anything I read, see, or hear, but this video is the exception to the rule. I not only agree with everything said, I, myself, have said almost everything presented.

Thanks to SouthernBoy for bringing this video to my attention.

Good video.

I'm still a little leery about a government that can "protect peoples' rights" though. I don't know if that is the same thing as a government that only can act in punishing force or fraud or in compelling restitution, which is what I'm in favor of. The former seems to give government more wiggle room, even if it shouldn't. The U.S. is now an oligarchy. We have a tradition of certain freedoms and competition amongst many oligarchs, which makes us one of the best and freest oligarchies around. I don't know how much longer it will be that way though.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    Good video.

I'm still a little leery about a government that can "protect peoples' rights" though. I don't know if that is the same thing as a government that only can act in punishing force or fraud or in compelling restitution, which is what I'm in favor of. The former seems to give government more wiggle room, even if it shouldn't. The U.S. is now an oligarchy. We have a tradition of certain freedoms and competition amongst many oligarchs, which makes us one of the best and freest oligarchies around. I don't know how much longer it will be that way though.
    The problem with governments which start out with the best of intentions is that they eventually become so far removed from their original intent that they forget how they began. This is what is happening in America. We are many generations removed from the Founding and each generation takes us further away from our original design. Before long, you get to the point where the original design is viewed with shaded eyes and distaste. Our Founders knew this and I would bet many shuddered at what they believed was the inevitable future of their great work.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!