Thread: Carry on a boat

Carry on a boat

Does anyone know what the law is in Oklahoma regarding carry on a private boat?

I know we're not supposed to carry our firearms in state parks, but what about on our boats? My dad and I took the boat out today and weren't sure if we could take our firearms with us out on the water.

I carry mine on my boat every time I take it out. I even mounted a holster under the steering column. You can hunt from a boat as well.
    AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011
    TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011-?
    Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy
    Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

State Parks

It is my understanding that you can carry on state parks. You just can't enter any of the state park buildings. Be careful you don't enter any areas that are controlled by the Army Corps of Engineers as they have a no gun policy. Some state parks have a portion that belongs to them (Army Corps of Engineers). Usually around the dam sites.
    I am not a lawyer so do your research on the state park lake sites you enter.

Additionally, a LOT of lakes are actually City owned and not State property. Being that the cities are not allowed to make laws prohibiting the lawful carry, this would be allowed. However, even in those city owned ones, you do have to be careful of areas that are Corp of Engineers as previously mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent91 View Post
    Does anyone know what the law is in Oklahoma regarding carry on a private boat?

I know we're not supposed to carry our firearms in state parks, but what about on our boats? My dad and I took the boat out today and weren't sure if we could take our firearms with us out on the water.
    TITLE 63 4210.3
    T
    RANSPORTING WEAPON IN OR DISCHARGING
    WEAPON
    FROM VESSEL
    It shall be unlawful to transport a shotgun, rifle or pistol in or to discharge such weapons from a vessel, except for the
    purposes of hunting animals or fowl, and in compliance with existing state a
    nd federal laws
    . Anyone violating the provisions
    of this section, upon conviction, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and shall be punished by a fine of not less than Fifty
    Dollars ($50.00) and not more than One Hundred Dollars ($100.00), or by imprisonment
    in the county jail for not less than
    ten (10) days and not more than six (6) months, or by both such fine and imprisonment. Any person in possession of a valid
    handgun license from this state or a reciprocal state authorized by the Oklahoma Self
    -
    Defense
    Act shall not be deemed
    guilty of transporting a pistol in violation of this section when a handgun is
    carried
    concealed
    or unconcealed
    upon or about
    their person in compliance with the provisions of the Oklahoma Self
    -
    Defense Act.
    Last edited by Glock 1st fan; 03-31-2013 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock 1st fan View Post
    TITLE 63 4210.3
    T
    RANSPORTING WEAPON IN OR DISCHARGING
    WEAPON
    FROM VESSEL
    It shall be unlawful to transport a shotgun, rifle or pistol in or to discharge such weapons from a vessel, except for the
    purposes of hunting animals or fowl, and in compliance with existing state a
    nd federal laws
    . Anyone violating the provisions
    of this section, upon conviction, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and shall be punished by a fine of not less than Fifty
    Dollars ($50.00) and not more than One Hundred Dollars ($100.00), or by imprisonment
    in the county jail for not less than
    ten (10) days and not more than six (6) months, or by both such fine and imprisonment. Any person in possession of a valid
    handgun license from this state or a reciprocal state authorized by the Oklahoma Self
    -
    Defense
    Act shall not be deemed
    guilty of transporting a pistol in violation of this section when a handgun is
    carried
    concealed
    or unconcealed
    upon or about
    their person in compliance with the provisions of the Oklahoma Self
    -
    Defense Act.
    Awesome. Thank you so much.