• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carry on a boat

Trent91

Does anyone know what the law is in Oklahoma regarding carry on a private boat?

I know we're not supposed to carry our firearms in state parks, but what about on our boats? My dad and I took the boat out today and weren't sure if we could take our firearms with us out on the water.

gprod55

State Parks

It is my understanding that you can carry on state parks. You just can't enter any of the state park buildings. Be careful you don't enter any areas that are controlled by the Army Corps of Engineers as they have a no gun policy. Some state parks have a portion that belongs to them (Army Corps of Engineers). Usually around the dam sites.
I am not a lawyer so do your research on the state park lake sites you enter.

Charles Watts

Additionally, a LOT of lakes are actually City owned and not State property. Being that the cities are not allowed to make laws prohibiting the lawful carry, this would be allowed. However, even in those city owned ones, you do have to be careful of areas that are Corp of Engineers as previously mentioned.

Glock 1st fan

Does anyone know what the law is in Oklahoma regarding carry on a private boat?

I know we're not supposed to carry our firearms in state parks, but what about on our boats? My dad and I took the boat out today and weren't sure if we could take our firearms with us out on the water.

TITLE 63 § 4210.3
T
RANSPORTING WEAPON IN OR DISCHARGING
WEAPON
FROM VESSEL
It shall be unlawful to transport a shotgun, rifle or pistol in or to discharge such weapons from a vessel, except for the
purposes of hunting animals or fowl, and in compliance with existing state a
nd federal laws
. Anyone violating the provisions
of this section, upon conviction, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and shall be punished by a fine of not less than Fifty
Dollars ($50.00) and not more than One Hundred Dollars ($100.00), or by imprisonment
in the county jail for not less than
ten (10) days and not more than six (6) months, or by both such fine and imprisonment. Any person in possession of a valid
handgun license from this state or a reciprocal state authorized by the Oklahoma Self
-
Defense
Act shall not be deemed
guilty of transporting a pistol in violation of this section when a handgun is
carried
concealed
or unconcealed
upon or about
their person in compliance with the provisions of the Oklahoma Self
-
Defense Act.

Last edited:

Trent91

TITLE 63 § 4210.3
T
RANSPORTING WEAPON IN OR DISCHARGING
WEAPON
FROM VESSEL
It shall be unlawful to transport a shotgun, rifle or pistol in or to discharge such weapons from a vessel, except for the
purposes of hunting animals or fowl, and in compliance with existing state a
nd federal laws
. Anyone violating the provisions
of this section, upon conviction, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and shall be punished by a fine of not less than Fifty
Dollars ($50.00) and not more than One Hundred Dollars ($100.00), or by imprisonment
in the county jail for not less than
ten (10) days and not more than six (6) months, or by both such fine and imprisonment. Any person in possession of a valid
handgun license from this state or a reciprocal state authorized by the Oklahoma Self
-
Defense
Act shall not be deemed
guilty of transporting a pistol in violation of this section when a handgun is
carried
concealed
or unconcealed
upon or about
their person in compliance with the provisions of the Oklahoma Self
-
Defense Act.

Awesome. Thank you so much.