• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Congratulations Mississippi

kurt555gs

Why am I posting an Open Carry story from Mississippi in the Illinois forum?

It's about civil rights! Mississippi becomes the 28th state to allow Open Carry without a permit, as a RIGHT on July 1. In Illinois the "pro gun" groups that are pushing licensed concealed carry only, have actively worked to kill off efforts to have even limited rural open carry on a FOID card or even include Open Carry in their permit bills ( like Indiana ). I am starting to believe that in Illinois, the greatest detractors of Open Carry are not the usual Chicago anti's, but the groups that are supposed to be protecting "our" rights. Well, their rights.

http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/21831763/open-carry-law-goes-into-effect-july-1

Last edited:

dumpnpump

Why am I posting an Open Carry story from Mississippi in the Illinois forum?

It's about civil rights! Mississippi becomes the 28th state to allow Open Carry without a permit, as a RIGHT on July 1. In Illinois the "pro gun" groups that are pushing licensed concealed carry only, have actively worked to kill off efforts to have even limited rural open carry on a FOID card or even include Open Carry in their permit bills ( like Indiana ). I am starting to believe that in Illinois, the greatest detractors of Open Carry are not the usual Chicago anti's, but the groups that are supposed to be protecting "our" rights. Well, their rights.

http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/21831763/open-carry-law-goes-into-effect-july-1
Regrettably, Illinois probably wouldn't be as far along as we are if it were not for the 7th circuit decision. I personally don't see concealed carry as a requirement of the court. But we have to crawl before we walk and if CC is what it takes to get that done, that is where we have to start.

fjpro2a

Excellent!!!

I try to keep abreast of what States are doing, but wasn't even aware this was "on the table." As I have been known to say over and over, it seems as if we get one victory, but follow up with two defeats.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Regrettably, Illinois probably wouldn't be as far along as we are if it were not for the 7th circuit decision. .

+1 I think a carry bill to be voted on in the gen. assembly would be like seeing an honest politician .. nowhere to be seen.

The best outcome for IL citizens is that NO law is passed .... then it becomes carry of any type automatically, yes?

dumpnpump

+1 I think a carry bill to be voted on in the gen. assembly would be like seeing an honest politician .. nowhere to be seen.

The best outcome for IL citizens is that NO law is passed .... then it becomes carry of any type automatically, yes?

That would be my understanding, but then Chicago and a lot of anti gun muncipalities could enact local prohibitions. We need the statewide premeption that the legislature could provide. Otherwise, you cross the street armed and could run afoul of a munincipal ban,

Darkshadow62988

Activist Member
That would be my understanding, but then Chicago and a lot of anti gun muncipalities could enact local prohibitions. We need the statewide premeption that the legislature could provide. Otherwise, you cross the street armed and could run afoul of a munincipal ban,

Only until those with real moral courage start taking the municipalities to court over it, making $ and slowly hitting the corrupt where is hurts the most: the wallet.

WalkingWolf

How does that song go "Permit carry instructors money makes the world go around, the world go around".

Illinois has a unique opportunity for liberty, being sold off by the people who make a living teaching concealed carry classes. The problem is not Chicago, it is the lobbyists in Springfield, and yes that is some of those supposed 2A lobbyists. Make these bums earn their money, don't let them BS you with lies. Politics is about money, no matter which side of the line you they are on.