Thread: What is Responsible Gun Ownership?" from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday, April 20

What is Responsible Gun Ownership?" from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday, April 20

The local chapter of the League of Women Voters will host a free discussion, "What is Responsible Gun Ownership?" from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday, April 20, at the downtown Bellingham library, 210 Central Ave.

This could be a can of worms or this could be an opportunity for education. I will have to go and see. Anyone choose to attend with me? We need to get the OC Story out there.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Darn! I would go but I am scheduled to speak at the Libertarian State Convention that day.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

I want to be there for that also...........with my Sweet Baboo.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    The local chapter of the League of Women Voters will host a free discussion, "What is Responsible Gun Ownership?" from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday, April 20, at the downtown Bellingham library, 210 Central Ave.

This could be a can of worms or this could be an opportunity for education. I will have to go and see. Anyone choose to attend with me? We need to get the OC Story out there.
    This article:
    http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2013...n-permits.html

says the event will be rescheduled for later in the year, "to ensure a popular speaker can attend".

The event is not listed on the Bellingham LOWV calendar on their website.

Sad

This could have been a very good interaction. I think, tho, that they may have had a different opinion.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    I want to be there for that also...........with my Sweet Baboo.
    LPWA.org, speaker session is free, today is last day for reduced meal passes, 40 bucks for lunch and dinner. still have to register on LPWA.org to attend though.

Quote Originally Posted by MrGray View Post
    This article:
    http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2013...n-permits.html

says the event will be rescheduled for later in the year, "to ensure a popular speaker can attend".

The event is not listed on the Bellingham LOWV calendar on their website.
    I wonder who it was, we were going to have some representatives speak but they are still busy down in Washington.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)