• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tuckable IWB holster With Retention for Sig P226? (Bizarre, I know)

Colgate2004

Hi All,

I know this sounds like a bizarre question... please bear with me.
I'm looking for a very specific kind of holster: For CC of my Sig P226 I'd like a tuckable, two-belt loop, adjustable-cant IWB holster **with at least Level 1 retention**.

I know a lot of people think retention is unnecessary for concealed carry, especially IWB... but I don't want to take any chances.
(Also, I know a lot of people will suggest a self-defense or hand-to-hand combat training course instead of the retention. I have four years of hand-to-hand combat martial arts training... I'm confident in my abilities against all but well-trained adversaries. I still want retention in my holster.:lol: )

I also know that a lot of people think retention is a bad thing because it can slow down your draw in an emergency. I believe in training though; training with your firearm (or any tool, for that matter) over and over and over. After thousands of practice draws, any level of retention can be disengaged instantly and smoothly (just ask the Level 3 guys!), and while I know this is a personal preference, my personal preference is to put in the time and effort to do the additional training to be able to draw my weapon smoothly even with a retention holster.

Anyway, I've looked high and low and I can't find any holster that fits that bill. Does anyone know of one?
(I carry my P226 in approximately the 4:30-5:00 position, canted forward significantly)

Any help anybody could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

C2K4