Thread: OC at Reno Walmart during "Pig Day"

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA

OC at Reno Walmart during "Pig Day"

Animal rights people plan to picket the Walmart on 2nd St in Reno tomorrow (2 APR) to show their solidarity with pigs.

http://www.foxreno.com/news/news/loc...est-out/nW8YJ/

Sounds like a good time to visit Walmart and buy bacon.

OC, of course.
    Last edited by DVC; 04-01-2013 at 01:52 PM.

Activist Member
    WARNING: That Walmart is on Tribal Land. Tribal law applies and Nevada law may not.
    Last edited by Felid`Maximus; 04-01-2013 at 02:49 PM.

^^^ What he said.

I know that this was discussed a couple of years ago, regarding this very Walmart, and IIRC, Tribal law only applies to members of the tribe.

How!!! White Man Go by White man Rules, Red Man Go By Red man Rules..... I mean no disrespect I have actually lived on a reservation. That is the kicker, they can still Tresspass you, as you are aware, but Unless you are part of the Tribe or A tribe, you should have nothing to worry about! DVC is right, there is a thread about this topi, if you want more info.

Not to hi jack but this has been a topic of interest. I've talked with some tribes members and LEO from tribal police and they have confirmed it is their rules that apply on the tribal land. If it is in fact the other way around I would be most happy. If you could point me to the other topic discussion or hard info that would be greatly appreciated.

To the protestors theres not much point in mixing it up with them. If you want to go to Wal Mart and upon leaving "shake your bacon at them" go for it but I find them boring. They protest my wifes employer quite regularly. It hasn't been terrible so far but if it does get worse then I might decide to pick her up from work.

The protesters have the right to try to convince people that they are right. I'm glad that they do, sometimes we can learn something and change our own beliefs.

However, I find it hard to relate to someone who considers a pig to be their brother, and feel that it's good for THEM to get laughed at and be made uncomfortable now and then.

Too bad this 'protest' didn't happen here. I'd he tempted to tailgate with some spare ribs on the grill!
    Lower the crime rate by lowering the criminal survival rate!
    When people say 'God Bless America' I'm sure He says, "I gave you Texas!"

NRS 233A.120 Rights of self-government preserved. The provisions of NRS 41.430 and 194.040 do not preclude Indian tribes who are recognized by the United States as possessing powers of self-government from enacting their own laws, regulations and ordinances, and enforcing them by their own tribal courts in accordance with their rules of procedure, but no person subject to the jurisdiction of such tribal court or governmental organization shall be denied any rights guaranteed by the constitutions of the United States or the State of Nevada.

(Added to NRS by 1973, 1052)

This says to me that no matter what tribal law is they cannot deny you the right to OC because the right to bear arms is in the U.S. Constitution and the NV state Constitution. Correct me if I am wrong.
    Last edited by renoglock22; 04-02-2013 at 09:31 PM.

I went to Wally World at about 1300, but they weren't there.