• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at Reno Walmart during "Pig Day"

DON`T TREAD ON ME

How!!! White Man Go by White man Rules, Red Man Go By Red man Rules..... I mean no disrespect I have actually lived on a reservation. That is the kicker, they can still Tresspass you, as you are aware, but Unless you are part of the Tribe or A tribe, you should have nothing to worry about! DVC is right, there is a thread about this topi, if you want more info.

gunrunner1911

Not to hi jack but this has been a topic of interest. I've talked with some tribes members and LEO from tribal police and they have confirmed it is their rules that apply on the tribal land. If it is in fact the other way around I would be most happy. If you could point me to the other topic discussion or hard info that would be greatly appreciated.

To the protestors theres not much point in mixing it up with them. If you want to go to Wal Mart and upon leaving "shake your bacon at them" go for it but I find them boring. They protest my wifes employer quite regularly. It hasn't been terrible so far but if it does get worse then I might decide to pick her up from work.

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
The protesters have the right to try to convince people that they are right. I'm glad that they do, sometimes we can learn something and change our own beliefs.

However, I find it hard to relate to someone who considers a pig to be their brother, and feel that it's good for THEM to get laughed at and be made uncomfortable now and then.

renoglock22

NRS 233A.120 Rights of self-government preserved. The provisions of NRS 41.430 and 194.040 do not preclude Indian tribes who are recognized by the United States as possessing powers of self-government from enacting their own laws, regulations and ordinances, and enforcing them by their own tribal courts in accordance with their rules of procedure, but no person subject to the jurisdiction of such tribal court or governmental organization shall be denied any rights guaranteed by the constitutions of the United States or the State of Nevada.

(Added to NRS by 1973, 1052)

This says to me that no matter what tribal law is they cannot deny you the right to OC because the right to bear arms is in the U.S. Constitution and the NV state Constitution. Correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited: