• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Planning thread for Tulsa Preemption Rally / Cookout

Gary S

I have a map at my desk showing all the City parks and locations.

I'm here. Use me.
Please share your thoughts I have little time to work this out so far still pretty firm on veterans park and river walks park what route do you see where we can close the road to it to get the permit like we had mentioned?

Gary S

View attachment 10232

LaFortune Park is Tulsa County, not City of Tulsa. Most rallies don't use Woodward Park. It's a scenic park for picnics, weddings, and photo shoots. Also, the surrounding neighborhoods are all VERY wealthy Bloomberg gun-grabbin' hypocrites. They can afford to hire armed guards, while grabbing everybody else's gun.

And, they WILL show up in City Council to raise total hell when the Special Permit Application comes up on agenda. Expect a huge shouting match, if not an open civil war, at the Council meeting. If they don't get their way, they have enough loose change to completely vote out the entire Council.

North Tulsa parks are definitely OUT. A mob of 300 white people, openly packing, in black neighborhoods, will look like the 1921 race riot. The pastor pimps will SCREAM. Count on Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton to show up. Of course, national media will totally eat it up and salivate on the way to the trough!

Maybe a mob of 30 black people, openly packing, in white neighborhoods, might work? Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. NOT a chance. NOT in a million years.

Tulsa Councilors and TPD are very sensitive because most parks are gang territory. Nobody really wants to be the wiseguy who rocks the delicately balanced boat. North Tulsa, Crips. East Tulsa, Mexican and Vietnamese gangs. West Tulsa, Aryan Nation, KKK, etc.

So, that leaves Midtown. It's mostly white, lotsa cops, firefighters, and white collar types. They probably won't raise much fuss. But, count on undercover cops and SWAT. You guys knew that already, right?

Whiteside and Highland Parks are close enough for walking, highly visible, and centrally located. Both are City of Tulsa and can handle BBQ trailers and moderately large crowds. Media coverage would be a cinch in the surrounding white neighborhoods.

Whiteside Park is at 41st/Pittsburg. Highland Park, 36th/Yale. Sidewalks connect the two parks, approximately 1/2 mile apart.

Veterans Park is City of Tulsa. It's walkable to River Parks. It is under the jurisdiction of the River Parks Authority, a joint agency between City of Tulsa and Tulsa County. They have their own permit application. http://www.riverparks.org/events-at-river-parks/event-applications/

Of course, bicycling between parks is also another option. http://www.streetfilms.org/portlands-sunday-parkways/ http://bicyclemusicfestival.com/

Conclusion: Any wiseguy who steps up as organizer will need significant insurance, and increased security. The nuanced alternative? Put the heat on Sheriff for the arrest of Tulsa City Council for violation of law. He's the closest ELECTED law enforcement official, under oath to enforce state statutes.

If he don't do the dirty, Governor's executive order to arrest him and the City Council.

Thank you for your input. However I think we are still going to try and do those parks. So far from what I have seen as well. Like you. Know about the other parks being gang areas it's our best options. Any other thoughts please feel free to share with us. Thank you again.

JediWithASniper

Cookout!

I'm so glad to see this being organized, I was just telling my wife last week that all of us OC'rs needed to do an annual OC cookout in Tulsa. If there is something y'all need help with let me know. My name is Benjamin.

Gary S

I'm so glad to see this being organized, I was just telling my wife last week that all of us OC'rs needed to do an annual OC cookout in Tulsa. If there is something y'all need help with let me know. My name is Benjamin.
just so you know if you keep an eye out we try and do a lunch once a month in tulsa. We have it posted here to let all know.

Jayne&Vera

Tulsa Preemption Rally

First I'd noticed this thread, definitely planning to attend when it gets worked out.
Can't contribute much as we're busy living the New American Dream of just getting by. Veteran's park is basically an empty block with a memorial but suitable for a short rally & speakers. We were there recently for the MS Walk.
I can promise at least 6 & possibly 9 or 10 attendees
ITM everybody!

Gary S

First I'd noticed this thread, definitely planning to attend when it gets worked out.
Can't contribute much as we're busy living the New American Dream of just getting by. Veteran's park is basically an empty block with a memorial but suitable for a short rally & speakers. We were there recently for the MS Walk.
I can promise at least 6 & possibly 9 or 10 attendees
ITM everybody!
That is good to know, thank you. I will be talking with our president today to work some things out. As it gets set up it will be posted here.
The lunches we have will be posted as a different thread on this forum, as well as on Facebook.

Tulsa is now going to comply with state law and remove their gun buster signs. How does this affect our plans? Because I'm still ready for some burgers and frisbee golf with my OKOCA buddies!

okiebryan

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
I haven't spoken to the rest of the Board and Officers since this news came out, but so far as I'm concerned so long as the Tulsa City Council refuses to bring their ordinances in line with State Law, we still have a rally to plan.

lmeidl

As soon as anybody knows a date, I'll be there. Wish I could help with the planning, but I don't seem to have the time or gas money (I live in Skiatook and drive a large truck). I didn't read all of the suggestions, so I'm going to go back and do that now, but I think this is a VERY GOOD idea! Maybe a large number of us could wear our OKOCA T-shirts to show our unity?