Thread: Moving to Tennesee

Moving to Tennesee

I am planning on moving to Tenn. by 6/1/13. I have looked online at the requirements to obtain a concealed weapons permit here and am not clear on if my Michigan CPL is enough documentation to convert to a Tennesee permit without taking 'the class' here. I meet all other criteria. I know Tenn. recognizes all other state permits. What is posted online is for a new permit. I suppose I could just renew my Mich. permit (its due), but if I become a resident would it not be like a drivers licence and must convert it to a Tenn. permit? Thanks for any insight on this.

Thank you for that Marine77. It certainly answers my question. I guess I gotta take 'the class' again and go through the whole process again. crap.

Yes, at one time they had posted different requirements for different states, but it seems now all have to go through the new applicant process regardless
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

We did a purchase agreement today so I guess I will soon be a resident of Tennessee. Dandridge area, Jefferson county.

I'm in east Tennessee between Chattanooga and Knoxville.

Good to know there are a few of us OCers in the state. This forum isn't exactally very busy. When I get here and settled I will start OCing again, mostly in the Dandridge, Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg areas. I think it will be interesting doing so in such a highly touristy area. Of course, I hope to be well studied on the local laws.