• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who owns/runs the Springs Preserve in Las Vegas?

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
The next local Friends of NRA event is going to be at the Springs Preserve. www.springspreserve.org

While scheduled, it does not appear on their website as an upcoming event.

Who owns this? Private or government?

I know several of us boycotted the last Friends of NRA event because they held it at a location that did not allow sidearms.

I emailed Mike Davis (the NRA rep) and asked the sidearm policy for this time. He might remember why we didn't go last time.

Last edited:

DON`T TREAD ON ME

I got the 411 :

Board of Trustees

The Springs Preserve Board of Trustees is responsible for creating policy and overseeing management of the Springs Preserve.

The Board of Trustees is comprised of representatives from the Las Vegas Valley Water District Board of Directors, the Springs Preserve Foundation Board of Directors, the Las Vegas City Council, the University of Nevada Regents, and Nevada historical and humanities interests.

Click on the names below to learn more about our distinguished trustees:

Larry Brown, Chair
Jenna Morton, Vice Chair
Ray Rawson, DDS
Jeff Roberts
Steve Sisolak
Bob Stoldal
Lois Tarkanian
Lawrence Weekly
Michael Wixom

Meetings

In accordance with NRS 241.020, meeting agendas are posted online by 9 a.m. three business days prior to the scheduled meeting, barring any server problems.

Since they are subject to Open Meeting they are run by a public entity, my angle is this, while the springs may or may not be private land... it is operated by public officials, subject to open meeting and therefore open records. If there is no school on the campus my call would be Open Carry.

Source: http://www.springspreserve.org/about/board_trustees.html

Vegassteve

I emailed Mike Davis (the NRA rep) and asked the sidearm policy for this time. He might remember why we didn't go last time.

While not a NRA member, I got the same email. Mike Davis response to me last time was he was not in the business of worrying about our right to carry, he was in the biz of getting money. He also told me if I wished to know the policy that I should call the venue. That tells me he doesnt care and doesnt check. I doubt it is any different this time.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
While not a NRA member, I got the same email. Mike Davis' response to me last time was he was not in the business of worrying about our right to carry, he was in the biz of getting money....

I haven't heard back yet. I used to be on the organizing committee a long time ago. I was also a donor. One year, I was the highest donor. Did he flunk math class?

peckerwood1986

I do not know about open carry but they do allow cc. I do not go there to often but am thinking of being a donor and starting to.