• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Connecticut Carry - Announcement - This is our Final Stand against Gun Bans

Rich B

From: http://ctcarry.com/Announcement/Details/c8cf242e-71ba-4c22-8a22-ee9c151454e4

This is our Final Stand against Gun Bans

The E-Cert package has been proposed and it is ready to go, what will you do about it?

Connecticut, April 2, 2013:

The legislative leaders have been working on that is the work of the Bipartisan Committee that we have been fighting has released their proposed Emergency Certification bill to the General Assembly. This bill has a number of very offensive regulations:

- 1 feature ‘assault weapon ban’ with new firearms banned by name
- 10 round restriction on magazines to be bought, sold and transferred. Your magazines would have no worth since they cannot be sold. The bill also forces you to carry larger magazines with only 10 rounds.
- Background checks on all private sales and we can assume transfers as well.
- Permits for long gun purchases.
- Permits for ammunition purchases.
- Weakens the Board of Firearms Permit Examiners by putting two more government chosen cronies on the board and allowing a second chance at denying your permit to the local issuing authority.
- Long gun purchases are restricted to age 21 or over.

There is grandfathering in the magazine ban and the AWB, but they are not at all good. In fact, they are hardly any kind of compromise and should not be considered such.

This is our very last chance. The General Assembly will move this to a vote very quickly. You must contact every legislator and tell them you oppose this bill. Explain that the magazine ban will cause you to be put at a severe disadvantage to criminals when in public since they will not abide by the 10 round limitation and you will have to. Let them know that it is offensive to think that we can send men and women to war at 18, but when they return they will lack the constitutional right to own a firearm.

Let them know that a ‘yes’ vote for the bill will mean a ‘no’ vote for them at the polls.

Our only hope at this point is that we can convince the General Assembly that this bill is too broad and overreaching. This is our last chance, but it is also theirs.

Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

Richard Burgess
President
Connecticut Carry, Inc
Ph: 203-208-9577
Email: rich@ctcarry.com
http://ctcarry.com

Last edited:

Needforspeed1060

There has to be something else we can do? Federal court? Another protest? Anything? I don't want to register anything.... This is nuts none of this is going to help gun violence! It just punishes the innocent.
My BFPE superior court case in new Britain will have oral argument on the 16th of this month.

LibertyUberAlles

There has to be something else we can do? Federal court? Another protest? Anything? I don't want to register anything.... This is nuts none of this is going to help gun violence! It just punishes the innocent.
My BFPE superior court case in new Britain will have oral argument on the 16th of this month.

Only the courts remain now. Hey Rich -- If CCDL is going to mount a challenge to this POS law, please, please, please consider your attorney carefully. I am not going to say who I do not recommend but lets just say that there are one or two CT attorneys who "specialize" in this type of advocacy but have been less than impressive in their efforts on other cases. I do recommend contacting Alan Gura who will likely take this on and do a much better job of it.

Rich B

Yes -- my mistake. My comment applies to CT Carry as well.

Well you have my email if you would like to send us your qualifications and your reviews of attorneys in the state.

I am not familiar with all these lackluster cases you are talking about, but your thought that we will be hiring Attorney Gura is interesting. How would you propose we come across somewhere around a million dollars to get started?

Let me know via email, this is not the thread for this.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Well you have my email if you would like to send us your qualifications and your reviews of attorneys in the state.

I am not familiar with all these lackluster cases you are talking about, but your thought that we will be hiring Attorney Gura is interesting. How would you propose we come across somewhere around a million dollars to get started?

Let me know via email, this is not the thread for this.

I'm going on a limb and say that lawyer that Ed Pureta (sp?) uses ... Braid? Something like that....I have observed her ... I have nothing against her ...

davidmcbeth

Banned

File a complaint with the FOIC -- due to secret meetings, I am asking them to do what they have done in the past with other cases - void the meetings, void the bills proposed, void the vote (when it happens), I have requested a TRO to halt the vote today (now, the FOIC has never done that but they have never been asked to before either to my knowledge).

A complaint with the FOIC is free ! And they have extraordinary powers ... courts do not directly rule on FOIA violations claims before them ~ CGS Sec. 1-242 requires a judge to bring the FOIC into such cases.

LibertyUberAlles

How would you propose we come across somewhere around a million dollars to get started?

It is my understanding that neither Otis McDonald nor Dick Heller paid Alan Gura's fees. They were paid by the losing government party. It never hurts to send him an email to ask what his thoughts are on this and we absolutely need the best on this one. If I have time in the coming days, I may be in contact with you by email.

http://www.chicagoguncase.com/
http://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/how-much-heller-case-lawyers
http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2008/08/27/hellers-attorneys-go-large-request-hourly-rate-of-1069/

Rich B

It is my understanding that neither Otis McDonald nor Dick Heller paid Alan Gura's fees.

You are correct. SAF and its membership paid the fees.

They were paid by the losing government party.

A small chunk of them were paid...

It never hurts to send him an email to ask what his thoughts are on this and we absolutely need the best on this one.

We have had already talked to Alan Gura and we already have a broad plan and understanding of the process. Why assume we don't?