Thread: Buy A Gun Day is approaching

Buy A Gun Day is approaching

Only 14 more days until Buy A Gun Day. http://www.buyagunday.net/ http://www.buyagunday.net/about/

Remember, the government does not pay interest on your money they "borrowed" from you all last year. Convert it into tangible goods that will appreciate in value.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

I will try to do that. I will have to explain to Herself that it is my civic duty to purchase another firearm. She complained (slightly) when I bought the last one saying that I should limit myself a bit.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

It's a nice idea.

Unfortunately, they took what they wanted throughout the year and still wanted more at the end.

I wrote my checks last night....but will not be mailing them until I have to. I guess I can take some pleasure in the fact that I didn't pay them interest either!

But I already bought one with my return🔫🇺🇸

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Shoot low boys, their ridin' shetland ponies"

I consider everyday to be a "Buy a Gun Day". I think a Ruger Mk.III would be a nice way to reinvest my tax refund. Now, if I can only find some .22lr.
    Last edited by beebobby; 04-02-2013 at 01:56 PM.

I bought not one, not two, but three with my hard earned tax refund!

Banned
    Nobody "earns" a tax refund. You earn your pay. The government takes some of it. If you allow them to take more than the law allows, they give it back--if you demand it. So you don't earn your refund, you reclaim it.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Nobody "earns" a tax refund. You earn your pay. The government takes some of it. If you allow them to take more than the law allows, they give it back--if you demand it. So you don't earn your refund, you reclaim it.
    Semantics. Technically, I did "earn" that money. But if you want to say I "reclaimed it" that's fine. I was being sarcastic when I said it anyway.

Consider also buying a gun within your own state, as some states have laws that firearms manufactured within the states boundaries are exempt from federal laws. NC just filed such a bill, I am crossing my fingers it passes.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Does this tell you how crazy "income" tax has gotten?
    I've been unemployed since 2006, no unemployment money, nothing.
    While I have no "federal liability", I still had to pay Illinois nearly $150 in taxes!
    Gee, it would be nice to have some context, rather than some general statement that you have to pay 150 smackers in taxes, even though you're unemployed.

Example: When I was unemployed, I paid taxes still...car tabs, goods tax, gas tax, etc.

Believe it or not, Context is everything.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Banned
    http://fairtax.org

The link explains the Fair Tax which is the only way, IMO, to restore sanity to federal taxation.

http://fairtax.org

The link explains the Fair Tax which is the only way, IMO, to restore sanity to federal taxation.
    While I agree with a flat tax rate, I disagree with the lvl that they have it at. Given all of the deductibles/credits/etc the actual average tax rate is far lower than the 23% that they suggest. A 5-10% tax rate that can't be avoided would probably still be a net increase in taxes for the feds compared to the current system.

Banned

This would be replacing ALL federal taxes on individuals. SS tax, employer contributions (which doubles the SS tax), medicare taxes, capital gains taxes, and ordinary income taxes. The number represents that actual average percentage of taxes paid based on income. If it seems high, it is because it IS high--already!

Don't forget, the plan has a prebate built in that pre-returns all taxes that would be paid on goods and services up to the poverty level, so people who spend that much or less would pay no net taxes, and we'd all have our 23% tax burden lowered by 23% or the poverty level. Also, the tax is only applied to new goods. Purchasing used goods would be exempt from the tax.

The best feature is that we stop building tax disproportionately into prices of domestic products, and start putting it into all products, regardless of source. That will rid us of an inherent bias against our own products in favor of foreign goods.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

This would be replacing ALL federal taxes on individuals. SS tax, employer contributions (which doubles the SS tax), medicare taxes, capital gains taxes, and ordinary income taxes. The number represents that actual average percentage of taxes paid based on income. If it seems high, it is because it IS high--already!

Don't forget, the plan has a prebate built in that pre-returns all taxes that would be paid on goods and services up to the poverty level, so people who spend that much or less would pay no net taxes, and we'd all have our 23% tax burden lowered by 23% or the poverty level. Also, the tax is only applied to new goods. Purchasing used goods would be exempt from the tax.

The best feature is that we stop building tax disproportionately into prices of domestic products, and start putting it into all products, regardless of source. That will rid us of an inherent bias against our own products in favor of foreign goods.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Gee, April 15 is a popular day in U.S. history, making new history every year. Hope everyone is buying a gun a day; it's a wonderful goal.

Make your political statement with your wallet
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...