• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Buy A Gun Day is approaching

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I will try to do that. I will have to explain to Herself that it is my civic duty to purchase another firearm. She complained (slightly) when I bought the last one saying that I should limit myself a bit.

Griz

It's a nice idea.

Unfortunately, they took what they wanted throughout the year and still wanted more at the end.

wrearick

I wrote my checks last night....but will not be mailing them until I have to. I guess I can take some pleasure in the fact that I didn't pay them interest either!

beebobby

I consider everyday to be a "Buy a Gun Day". I think a Ruger Mk.III would be a nice way to reinvest my tax refund. Now, if I can only find some .22lr.

Last edited:

eye95

Nobody "earns" a tax refund. You earn your pay. The government takes some of it. If you allow them to take more than the law allows, they give it back--if you demand it. So you don't earn your refund, you reclaim it.

Saltycupcake

Nobody "earns" a tax refund. You earn your pay. The government takes some of it. If you allow them to take more than the law allows, they give it back--if you demand it. So you don't earn your refund, you reclaim it.

Semantics. Technically, I did "earn" that money. But if you want to say I "reclaimed it" that's fine. I was being sarcastic when I said it anyway.

WalkingWolf

Consider also buying a gun within your own state, as some states have laws that firearms manufactured within the states boundaries are exempt from federal laws. NC just filed such a bill, I am crossing my fingers it passes.

Beretta92FSLady

Does this tell you how crazy "income" tax has gotten?
I've been unemployed since 2006, no unemployment money, nothing.
While I have no "federal liability", I still had to pay Illinois nearly $150 in taxes!

Gee, it would be nice to have some context, rather than some general statement that you have to pay 150 smackers in taxes, even though you're unemployed.

Example: When I was unemployed, I paid taxes still...car tabs, goods tax, gas tax, etc.

Believe it or not, Context is everything.

Aknazer

http://fairtax.org

The link explains the Fair Tax which is the only way, IMO, to restore sanity to federal taxation.

While I agree with a flat tax rate, I disagree with the lvl that they have it at. Given all of the deductibles/credits/etc the actual average tax rate is far lower than the 23% that they suggest. A 5-10% tax rate that can't be avoided would probably still be a net increase in taxes for the feds compared to the current system.

eye95

This would be replacing ALL federal taxes on individuals. SS tax, employer contributions (which doubles the SS tax), medicare taxes, capital gains taxes, and ordinary income taxes. The number represents that actual average percentage of taxes paid based on income. If it seems high, it is because it IS high--already!

Don't forget, the plan has a prebate built in that pre-returns all taxes that would be paid on goods and services up to the poverty level, so people who spend that much or less would pay no net taxes, and we'd all have our 23% tax burden lowered by 23% or the poverty level. Also, the tax is only applied to new goods. Purchasing used goods would be exempt from the tax.

The best feature is that we stop building tax disproportionately into prices of domestic products, and start putting it into all products, regardless of source. That will rid us of an inherent bias against our own products in favor of foreign goods.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Beretta92FSLady

This would be replacing ALL federal taxes on individuals. SS tax, employer contributions (which doubles the SS tax), medicare taxes, capital gains taxes, and ordinary income taxes. The number represents that actual average percentage of taxes paid based on income. If it seems high, it is because it IS high--already!

Don't forget, the plan has a prebate built in that pre-returns all taxes that would be paid on goods and services up to the poverty level, so people who spend that much or less would pay no net taxes, and we'd all have our 23% tax burden lowered by 23% or the poverty level. Also, the tax is only applied to new goods. Purchasing used goods would be exempt from the tax.

The best feature is that we stop building tax disproportionately into prices of domestic products, and start putting it into all products, regardless of source. That will rid us of an inherent bias against our own products in favor of foreign goods.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Gee, April 15 is a popular day in U.S. history, making new history every year. Hope everyone is buying a gun a day; it's a wonderful goal.

Make your political statement with your wallet:rolleyes: