Thread: REI in Cary, NC (Crossroads location)

REI in Cary, NC (Crossroads location)

I am planning on stopping by REI on my way across the state for a camping trip and was wondering if anyone knows REI's stance on OCing? North Carolina allows businesses to choose whether or not to allow it. If they elect to ban guns from their stores they must post a conspicuous sign at the entrance. I'll probably post another thread in the NC forum, but thought I'd check here to see if anyone has a specific experience with REI in general (as in does the company mandate that 'no guns allowed' signs be posted in states that allow the business to choose).

I tried to search, but the search feature didn't like how short "REI" was, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceman7496 View Post
    I am planning on stopping by REI on my way across the state for a camping trip and was wondering if anyone knows REI's stance on OCing? North Carolina allows businesses to choose whether or not to allow it. If they elect to ban guns from their stores they must post a conspicuous sign at the entrance. I'll probably post another thread in the NC forum, but thought I'd check here to see if anyone has a specific experience with REI in general (as in does the company mandate that 'no guns allowed' signs be posted in states that allow the business to choose).

I tried to search, but the search feature didn't like how short "REI" was, lol.
    I OCed there not too long ago when looking for a stiff belt for my holster. No issues. The associate helped me look.

www.friendorfoe.us

I can't speak for NC, but I've OC'd in a couple of REI's in WA no problem.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Thanks!

Just thought I would give everyone an update, I had no problem at REI. Spent probably close to an hour and a half there (after i figured out that they moved lol) and not so much as a funny look. Had a guy named Paul help me out a ton and it was a great experience overall.

spammer reported
    What I told my wife when she said my steel Baby Eagle .45 was heavy, "Heavy is good, heavy is reliable, if it doesn't work you could always hit him with it."-Boris the Blade

MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by ron73440 View Post
    spammer reported
    The OP is not a spammer. The link in his post was added by Skimlinks which is a plugin we use on the forum to help support it and to prevent real spammers from profiting from their activities.

Thanks for keeping an eye open though. The real spammers never give up.

John

Quote Originally Posted by John Pierce View Post
    The OP is not a spammer. The link in his post was added by Skimlinks which is a plugin we use on the forum to help support it and to prevent real spammers from profiting from their activities.

Thanks for keeping an eye open though. The real spammers never give up.

John
    Oh wait ... I see. There WAS a real spammer here but I deleted him and all of his posts earlier.

Please excuse the misunderstanding. I will just get back to work.

John