• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

REI in Cary, NC (Crossroads location)

Aceman7496

I am planning on stopping by REI on my way across the state for a camping trip and was wondering if anyone knows REI's stance on OCing? North Carolina allows businesses to choose whether or not to allow it. If they elect to ban guns from their stores they must post a conspicuous sign at the entrance. I'll probably post another thread in the NC forum, but thought I'd check here to see if anyone has a specific experience with REI in general (as in does the company mandate that 'no guns allowed' signs be posted in states that allow the business to choose).

I tried to search, but the search feature didn't like how short "REI" was, lol.

FlyBoy276

I am planning on stopping by REI on my way across the state for a camping trip and was wondering if anyone knows REI's stance on OCing? North Carolina allows businesses to choose whether or not to allow it. If they elect to ban guns from their stores they must post a conspicuous sign at the entrance. I'll probably post another thread in the NC forum, but thought I'd check here to see if anyone has a specific experience with REI in general (as in does the company mandate that 'no guns allowed' signs be posted in states that allow the business to choose).

I tried to search, but the search feature didn't like how short "REI" was, lol.

I OCed there not too long ago when looking for a stiff belt for my holster. No issues. The associate helped me look.

www.friendorfoe.us

Ca Patriot

REI is run by ultra liberals who have a history of anti-gun advocacy. Check out their board of directors and their history.

One of them just left to work in the Obama administration.

Aceman7496

Just thought I would give everyone an update, I had no problem at REI. Spent probably close to an hour and a half there (after i figured out that they moved lol) and not so much as a funny look. Had a guy named Paul help me out a ton and it was a great experience overall.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
spammer reported

The OP is not a spammer. The link in his post was added by Skimlinks which is a plugin we use on the forum to help support it and to prevent real spammers from profiting from their activities.

Thanks for keeping an eye open though. The real spammers never give up. :(

John

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
The OP is not a spammer. The link in his post was added by Skimlinks which is a plugin we use on the forum to help support it and to prevent real spammers from profiting from their activities.

Thanks for keeping an eye open though. The real spammers never give up. :(

John

Oh wait ... I see. There WAS a real spammer here but I deleted him and all of his posts earlier.

Please excuse the misunderstanding. I will just get back to work. :)

John