Thread: OC in LGS

OC in LGS

Went into Shooters Supply in Louisville yesterday. There is a sign on the door saying something about concealed firearms must stay concealed and no other weapons allowed in unless they are unloaded. Didnt read it to closely because I was not carrying, but has anyone read this? Does that mean they do not allow OC in the store? This is obviously a question intended for people in Louisville...

Activist Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    Went into Shooters Supply in Louisville yesterday. There is a sign on the door saying something about concealed firearms must stay concealed and no other weapons allowed in unless they are unloaded. Didnt read it to closely because I was not carrying, but has anyone read this? Does that mean they do not allow OC in the store? This is obviously a question intended for people in Louisville...
    It would mean if you carry openly it must be unloaded. Of course you can always ignore the sign and carry anyways, but if they ask you to leave then leave.

Myself personally, I would NEVER give my money to a gun store that prohibits any kind of carry.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

I've seen people open carry at the Shooters Supply in Paducah. I don't know if the gun was loaded or not, I was busy looking around for stuff I needed to get.
    If you're not ashamed to own it, don't be ashamed to open carry it.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Concealed carry, where you HIDE the exercise of your right to carry arms.

Don't know about shooters supply, but, buds has a sign that states no loaded firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by rs3604 View Post
    Don't know about shooters supply, but, buds has a sign that states no loaded firearms.
    No one in buds has ever stopped me OCing.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by rs3604 View Post
    Bud Guns in Lexington does have a sign that says no loaded firearms. But they are referring to guns that you bring into the store that you wish to sell or trade. You can carry your personal sidearm loaded with no problems.

I'll give you my gun when you take it from my cold, dead hands! ~ Charlton Heston (1923 -- 2008)

Lord, make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand be faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had a gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass. ~ The Gunfighter’s Prayer

In all honesty, Shooter's Supply in Louisville is a place I generally avoid anyway. Not only are they anti-OC(and I don't just mean the sign on the door) but are also high pressure and in general aren't that knowledgeable about any guns that aren't plastic.

If it weren't for the fact that they are the only place in Louisville with primers and Alliant powders in stock with some reliability, I'd probably never bother with the store.

Quote Originally Posted by 09jisaac View Post
    No one in buds has ever stopped me OCing.
    I've never had any issues with OC when I've visited Bud's either. I did inquire about that sign though and the guy kind of laughed and said that most people misunderstand it. he said that it means to not bring a loaded weapon into the store that you're looking to sell or trade on and I fully understand that. *LOL*
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE