• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in LGS

Flounder

Went into Shooters Supply in Louisville yesterday. There is a sign on the door saying something about concealed firearms must stay concealed and no other weapons allowed in unless they are unloaded. Didnt read it to closely because I was not carrying, but has anyone read this? Does that mean they do not allow OC in the store? This is obviously a question intended for people in Louisville...

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Went into Shooters Supply in Louisville yesterday. There is a sign on the door saying something about concealed firearms must stay concealed and no other weapons allowed in unless they are unloaded. Didnt read it to closely because I was not carrying, but has anyone read this? Does that mean they do not allow OC in the store? This is obviously a question intended for people in Louisville...

It would mean if you carry openly it must be unloaded. Of course you can always ignore the sign and carry anyways, but if they ask you to leave then leave.

Myself personally, I would NEVER give my money to a gun store that prohibits any kind of carry.

Chief Ten Beers

I've seen people open carry at the Shooters Supply in Paducah. I don't know if the gun was loaded or not, I was busy looking around for stuff I needed to get.

rs3604

Don't know about shooters supply, but, buds has a sign that states no loaded firearms.

mem1977

Don't know about shooters supply, but, buds has a sign that states no loaded firearms.

Bud Guns in Lexington does have a sign that says no loaded firearms. But they are referring to guns that you bring into the store that you wish to sell or trade. You can carry your personal sidearm loaded with no problems.

:banana::monkey

bunnspecial

In all honesty, Shooter's Supply in Louisville is a place I generally avoid anyway. Not only are they anti-OC(and I don't just mean the sign on the door) but are also high pressure and in general aren't that knowledgeable about any guns that aren't plastic.

If it weren't for the fact that they are the only place in Louisville with primers and Alliant powders in stock with some reliability, I'd probably never bother with the store.

neuroblades

No one in buds has ever stopped me OCing.

I've never had any issues with OC when I've visited Bud's either. I did inquire about that sign though and the guy kind of laughed and said that most people misunderstand it. he said that it means to not bring a loaded weapon into the store that you're looking to sell or trade on and I fully understand that. *LOL*