Thread: DeSantis Thumb Break Scabbard for Walther PPQ

DeSantis Thumb Break Scabbard for Walther PPQ

I'm moving to Washington State at the end of June, and I've ordered a DeSantis Thumb Break Scabbard for the Walther PPQ I bought recently. I haven't received the holster yet, but I wanted to find out if anyone has experience with this holster for the PPQ or any other pistol, and whether someone can recommend a superior OC holster specifically for the PPQ. Not all P99 holsters fit the PPQ properly, so recommendations on holsters that are known to work properly with the PPQ are appreciated. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ()pen(arry View Post
    I'm moving to Washington State at the end of June, and I've ordered a DeSantis Thumb Break Scabbard for the Walther PPQ I bought recently. I haven't received the holster yet, but I wanted to find out if anyone has experience with this holster for the PPQ or any other pistol, and whether someone can recommend a superior OC holster specifically for the PPQ. Not all P99 holsters fit the PPQ properly, so recommendations on holsters that are known to work properly with the PPQ are appreciated. Thanks!
    DeSantis has a very good reputation, but I don't have one myself. I made my own holsters for our PA63, which is similar to the Walther PP.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

I had one of these (without the thumb break) for my PPQ and they are awesome! I could fully conceal my PPQ if needed under just a T-shirt with this. I have one for my Glock, and my 5906 as well. Good choice for sure.
    Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.

"I knew one thing: as soon as anyone said you didn't need a gun, you'd better take one along that worked."
    Raymond Chandler

Also, I think I read somewhere that one of the Blackhawk holsters made for XD/XDMs worked with PPQs.
    Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.

"I knew one thing: as soon as anyone said you didn't need a gun, you'd better take one along that worked."
    Raymond Chandler

While I really appreciate the construction of the DeSantis I bought, I don't like having to muck around with my belt to put it on and take it off. The gun also rides pretty high. I think I want a paddle holster, and DeSantis doesn't list one for the PPQ. Anyone have a recommendation? Leather and low-ride would be nice.