• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

DeSantis Thumb Break Scabbard for Walther PPQ

()pen(arry

I'm moving to Washington State at the end of June, and I've ordered a DeSantis Thumb Break Scabbard for the Walther PPQ I bought recently. I haven't received the holster yet, but I wanted to find out if anyone has experience with this holster for the PPQ or any other pistol, and whether someone can recommend a superior OC holster specifically for the PPQ. Not all P99 holsters fit the PPQ properly, so recommendations on holsters that are known to work properly with the PPQ are appreciated. Thanks!

WalkingWolf

I'm moving to Washington State at the end of June, and I've ordered a DeSantis Thumb Break Scabbard for the Walther PPQ I bought recently. I haven't received the holster yet, but I wanted to find out if anyone has experience with this holster for the PPQ or any other pistol, and whether someone can recommend a superior OC holster specifically for the PPQ. Not all P99 holsters fit the PPQ properly, so recommendations on holsters that are known to work properly with the PPQ are appreciated. Thanks!

DeSantis has a very good reputation, but I don't have one myself. I made my own holsters for our PA63, which is similar to the Walther PP.

MainelyGlock

I had one of these (without the thumb break) for my PPQ and they are awesome! I could fully conceal my PPQ if needed under just a T-shirt with this. I have one for my Glock, and my 5906 as well. Good choice for sure.

()pen(arry

While I really appreciate the construction of the DeSantis I bought, I don't like having to muck around with my belt to put it on and take it off. The gun also rides pretty high. I think I want a paddle holster, and DeSantis doesn't list one for the PPQ. Anyone have a recommendation? Leather and low-ride would be nice.