Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LEOs Get To Carry Guns, Because ....

LEOs Get To Carry Guns, Because ....

.... they are well trained, reliable, and experienced ... whereas we citizens are not.

http://on.wtkr.com/cSWkDqb

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Actually they get to carry firearms because We the People have determined that that is our preference they do this. They carry at our pleasure and with our permission in order to carry out their duties as law enforcement officers.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

LEOs Get To Carry Guns, Because ....

Brilliant, just brilliant. Luckily it was found by a responsible citizen. Things could have gone much worse.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    Actually they get to carry firearms because We the People have determined that that is our preference they do this. They carry at our pleasure and with our permission in order to carry out their duties as law enforcement officers.
    Not sure that you caught the irony of my comment.
    For the record, I wrote it with my tongue firmly implanted in my cheek.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    I once worked with a Deputy who did the same thing in a courthouse bathroom.....rolled her whole gun belt up and put it in the sink, while she went into a stall......

yeah, I worked with some real winners.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    Brilliant, just brilliant. Luckily it was found by a responsible citizen. Things could have gone much worse.
    Yeah....some people would have said "Look, someone threw away a perfectly good parts gun"

Founder's Club Member
    LEOs get to carry guns because...government always gives itself lotsa force in relation to the people. Always.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by ProShooter View Post
    I once worked with a Deputy who did the same thing in a courthouse bathroom.....rolled her whole gun belt up and put it in the sink, while she went into a stall......

yeah, I worked with some real winners.
    Years ago -

Roanoke City cop comes in to a fast food joint in Botetourt County (just over the line) and asks the manager to hold his gun belt while he visits the restroom. Unknow to the cop the entire day crew there were prison inmates on the work release program (work during the day, back to prison at night). The hemming and hawing that went on by the manager to not let the cop know the status of the crew was epic, as was the insistance by the cop, in spite of repeated refusals, that the manager must hold his gun belt because it would be "unsafe" to just hang it on the hook inside the stall door.

I was sitting there watching the whole thing. (Meeting with one of the work release inmates trying to resolve a grievance complaint he had filed.)

No, I did not say anything to the cop.

Fortunately, the work release supervisor happened by to check on the crew. The expression on the cop's face, when he learned he was trying to give a prison inmate his gun, was priceless. (I later heard "the word" went out both among Roanoke City PD and Botetourt County SD that the place was staffed with inmates, and that business increased by some significant percentage due to them all stopping by to check up on those dangerous prisoners.)

Yes, the ranks of law enforcement are filled with idjits. Maybe not any more so than any other profession, but when we hear about their oh-sh!t moments it is usually more significant than all the other professions.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    Agreed. That is one of the "roughest" as far as youth gang type activity in the area. could have been very bad.

What really bothers me is the way the local news reported it. Like it was some terrible thing that a nasty gun was found in a stall. They made it out as a terrorist plot or something. As soon as it aired I knew it was a gun guy trying on clothes..Didn't figure it to be LEO. Kinda funny. Stuupid head..
    The Second Amendment is in place
    in case the politicians ignore the others

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone

Red face Norfolk deputy leaves gun in Macy's dressing room

FUQ
    The Sheriff's Office said it has disciplined a deputy who accidentally left his gun in a dressing room at the Military Circle Macy's on Monday.

http://hamptonroads.com/2013/04/norf...-dressing-room
    What is the law that would be applied, in Virginia, for one of us leaving our loaded pistol where anyone could retrieve? What about the children?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Public endangerment?
    The Second Amendment is in place
    in case the politicians ignore the others

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone

Quote Originally Posted by USNA69 View Post
    Not sure that you caught the irony of my comment.
    For the record, I wrote it with my tongue firmly implanted in my cheek.
    Yes I did when I went back to your post and shame on me for posting before doing so. Now I just need to get my head out of a particular orifice half way down my body so I can see better.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

He should be charged, just like a normal citizen would be for doing something so stupid.

He should be at minimum fired.

As it was reported, he "realized as soon as he went back home that he had left the gun" which certainly seems to suggest that he has zero situational awareness. If he's gotten to that point in his career where he is no longer aware that he has a gun with him or not -- thinking of that ride home, seatbelt on (I'm sure)....as we all have certainly "felt" our own weapon there in a car seat, with a seatbelt on -- he clearly isn't capable of paying enough attention to his surroundings if he's not even noticing that he's no longer in possession of his weapon. IMHO, he is a detriment to a safe community. Worse case is that as pointed out above, he could well have enabled one of the many bad guys in that area by providing a gun that doesn't trace to the bad guy.

And the article stated that he immediately notified the store and officials. I bet it was in fact in that order as well....as in, Q: "Hi, I'm just checking to see if y'all found a gun there in one of your dressing rooms?" A: "Dunno, let me check. BRB. Yeah, looks like we have one, is it yours?" And then, and only then, was when he notified his superiors. I can't help but wonder what would have happened had the store not found it, and what he would have reported and when.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post

Yes, the ranks of law enforcement are filled with idjits. Maybe not any more so than any other profession, but when we hear about their oh-sh!t moments it is usually more significant than all the other professions.

stay safe.
    I'm going to one up you.....

A local police captain went into a stall in police headquarters. He decided to hang his Glock on the hook on the stall door....yes, hung the Glock by the trigger guard. He went to leave and tried to retrieve his gun. The hook hit the trigger and fired a shot into the ceiling. Apparently, the bullet went through the ceiling of the bathroom, exited the floor above, and then struck the ceiling of the above floor.....knocking some ceiling tiles and brackets down on a secretary who then was hauled out on a stretcher and into an ambulance.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

A local police captain went into a stall in police headquarters...
    I'm almost afraid to ask...so what happened to this guy?

As a follow up question, what might have been the result should a "citizen" (not you, Citizen!) have done the same?

A local police captain went into a stall in police headquarters. He decided to hang his Glock on the hook on the stall door....yes, hung the Glock by the trigger guard. He went to leave and tried to retrieve his gun. The hook hit the trigger and fired a shot into the ceiling. Apparently, the bullet went through the ceiling of the bathroom, exited the floor above, and then struck the ceiling of the above floor.....knocking some ceiling tiles and brackets down on a secretary who then was hauled out on a stretcher and into an ambulance.
    Oh, I got that beat.

And here's an incident I personally witnessed:
    http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2003...-hotel-cooler/
    An FBI agent who fired two rounds into a walk-in cooler at a Strip hotel.
    Agent John Hanson III, who was in Las Vegas to attend an accounting seminar, was caught on surveillance cameras firing his .45-caliber handgun (Glock 21) into the walk-in cooler. Hanson has been an instructor at the FBI training academy in Quantico, Va.
    Last edited by Marco; 04-04-2013 at 07:08 AM. Reason: removed unwanted link
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Lapeer Michigan, retired LEO hired as an armed school liazon officer left his gun in the school rest room. The news reported that the gun was not loaded. lol. Why would a retired LEO carry an unloaded pistol? Me thinks someone is not being truthful here. Oh, hes still working there too.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Oh, I got that beat.

Agent John Hanson III, who was in Las Vegas to attend an accounting seminar, was caught on surveillance cameras firing his .45-caliber handgun (Glock 21) into the walk-in cooler. Hanson has been an instructor at the FBI training academy in Quantico, Va.

Why does the country song Bubba Shot the Jukebox suddenly come to mind? "Reckless, hell! I hit just where I was aimin'"

ETA: (chuckle) I just read the article, including the part about the only victim being a lobster inside the cooler; but, Nevada has no statute against murdering a lobster. HA! I'll bet there is federal law against shooting a lobster--bet there's all sorts of federal laws about lobsters. No way there wasn't a federal law that agent could have been charged with if they wanted.
    Last edited by Citizen; 04-03-2013 at 11:17 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

And let us not forget that these are same guys who want to remove your gun from your holster for your safety.

Regular Member Old Virginia Joe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by USNA69 View Post
    And let us not forget that these are same guys who want to remove your gun from your holster for your safety.
    So, now, this makes me, as a father of three little sons, who think cops are cool, wonder if I should try to discourage my sons from ever becoming cops themselves, by pointing out all the stupid stuff some of them do, and the stupid police policies they have to enforce even if they ARE NOT so stupid themselves ??
    VCDL, Army Vet, Virginia Native

Hey, Libtards, it's the "Bill of Rights," not the "Bill of Needs" . . . . .

If the 2A does not apply to modern weapons, then the 1A does not apply to modern communications like the Internet! How do you like them apples!?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Virginia Joe View Post
    So, now, this makes me, as a father of three little sons, who think cops are cool, wonder if I should try to discourage my sons from ever becoming cops themselves, by pointing out all the stupid stuff some of them do, and the stupid police policies they have to enforce even if they ARE NOT so stupid themselves ??
    Though question.

How about this, teach your kids about liberty and how to frame a issue from a liberty centric perspective and then let them figure it out for themselves. LE as a profession is a good profession. There clearly are far more LEAs that are staffed with rights respecting professional peace officers than thugs. Being a cop in a big city PD may be a poor choice. But, starting out is a small town PD or better yet as a deputy sheriff may be a better option. Once they have a resume they can shop around for the "ideal" LEA. Being a fed should be highly discouraged, he may be tasked to come and take away your guns someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Oh, I got that beat.

So any idea why he did this? Did he lose at craps or something?

America First!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast