Thread: UN Arms treaty approved

UN Arms treaty approved

Keep an eye out for the blue helmets:

The United States, the world's No. 1 arms exporter, voted in favor of the treaty despite fierce opposition from the NRA, whose lobbying wing - the NRA Institute for Legislative Action - issued a statement condemning the U.N. vote.

"This treaty disregards the Second Amendment to our Constitution and threatens individual firearm ownership," said Chris Cox, head of the NRA-ILA. "It is a sad, yet telling, day when the president of the United States and his administration refuse to defend America's Constitution on the world stage."

U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said in a statement the U.N. adopted "a strong, effective and implementable Arms Trade Treaty that can strengthen global security while protecting the sovereign right of states to conduct legitimate arms trade."

"Nothing in this treaty could ever infringe on the rights of American citizens under our domestic law or the Constitution, including the Second Amendment," he added, referring to the U.S. Constitutional amendment that guarantees the right to bear arms.

The NRA has vowed to fight to prevent the treaty's ratification by the U.S. Senate when it reaches Washington.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...9310MN20130403

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    I would point out that the treaty will only apply to those states which choose to stay with DC after secession.

And remember that your aiming point is centered two inches (or, sorry, we should go metric here, so that's 50mm) below the rim of the blue helmet.

Assuming (and that's a big leap on my part) that the Senate does not ratify it, Obummer has said he will enforce it anyway.

TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Guy View Post
    Assuming (and that's a big leap on my part) that the Senate does not ratify it, Obummer has said he will enforce it anyway.

TBG
    Wouldn't that be treason? Oh boy, please tell me that's treason!
    Nevada Campus Carry: The Movement Continues
    http://nvcampuscarry.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada carrier View Post
    Wouldn't that be treason? Oh boy, please tell me that's treason!
    It can only be treason were he a citizen.

TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

Quote Originally Posted by the big guy View Post
    it can only be treason were he a citizen.

Tbg
    heeyyoooo

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Guy View Post

TBG
    The way those clowns in DC have been voting on bills lately without reading them, it wouldn't take much to slip it in at the last minute and tricking them into voting on it. Or simply writing it into the bill after it has been passed as nobody knows what they are actually voting on anyway!!

BBJ