• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UN Arms treaty approved

BBJCaptain

Keep an eye out for the blue helmets:

The United States, the world's No. 1 arms exporter, voted in favor of the treaty despite fierce opposition from the NRA, whose lobbying wing - the NRA Institute for Legislative Action - issued a statement condemning the U.N. vote.

"This treaty disregards the Second Amendment to our Constitution and threatens individual firearm ownership," said Chris Cox, head of the NRA-ILA. "It is a sad, yet telling, day when the president of the United States and his administration refuse to defend America's Constitution on the world stage."

U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said in a statement the U.N. adopted "a strong, effective and implementable Arms Trade Treaty that can strengthen global security while protecting the sovereign right of states to conduct legitimate arms trade."

"Nothing in this treaty could ever infringe on the rights of American citizens under our domestic law or the Constitution, including the Second Amendment," he added, referring to the U.S. Constitutional amendment that guarantees the right to bear arms.

The NRA has vowed to fight to prevent the treaty's ratification by the U.S. Senate when it reaches Washington.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/03/us-arms-treaty-un-idUSBRE9310MN20130403

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
I would point out that the treaty will only apply to those states which choose to stay with DC after secession.

And remember that your aiming point is centered two inches (or, sorry, we should go metric here, so that's 50mm) below the rim of the blue helmet.

The Big Guy

Assuming (and that's a big leap on my part) that the Senate does not ratify it, Obummer has said he will enforce it anyway.

TBG

BBJCaptain

Assuming (and that's a big leap on my part) that the Senate does not ratify it, Obummer has said he will enforce it anyway.

TBG

The way those clowns in DC have been voting on bills lately without reading them, it wouldn't take much to slip it in at the last minute and tricking them into voting on it. Or simply writing it into the bill after it has been passed as nobody knows what they are actually voting on anyway!!

BBJ