• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SB 1160 posted - E-Cert gun ban

davidmcbeth

Banned
the AR platform is so versatile ... I talked to my legislator about how a AR mag can hold -- you cannot say --- what?? was his reply

these legislators who voted for this bill don't give a flying crap ...

and the feeling is mutual

Brooks P

At this point all I hope for is that every state official body guard/cop/etc.. has to adhere to the same laws and policies. Maybe when the thugs and scum of this state start to rain bullets down on them will they see just how stupid this was. Not one single law on the books regards to the 2nd admin rights has an impact on criminals. F this state......

motoxmann

At this point all I hope for is that every state official body guard/cop/etc.. has to adhere to the same laws and policies. Maybe when the thugs and scum of this state start to rain bullets down on them will they see just how stupid this was. Not one single law on the books regards to the 2nd admin rights has an impact on criminals. F this state......

every restriction in the entire bill exempts all law enforcement and government employees, and various forms of security personnel. tyranny at its finest. see signature below

foxhound81

Am I reading this amendment right? You will be able to utilize LCMs for pistols up to seventeen rounds?

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2013/lcoamd/2013LCO05459-R00-AMD.htm

Strike subdivision (6) of subsection (f) of section 24 in its entirety and substitute the following in lieu thereof:

"(6) While transporting the large capacity magazine between any of the places set forth in this subsection, or to any licensed gun dealer, provided (A) such large capacity magazine contains not more than seventeen bullets, in the case of a large capacity magazine intended for use within a pistol or revolver, or not more than ten bullets, in the case of a large capacity magazine intended for use within a firearm other than a pistol or revolver, and (B) the large capacity magazine is transported in the manner required for an assault weapon under subdivision (2) of subsection (a) of section 53-202f of the general statutes, as amended by this act; or"

Strike subdivision (7) of subsection (f) of section 24 in its entirety and substitute the following in lieu thereof:

"(7) Pursuant to a valid permit to carry a pistol or revolver, provided such large capacity magazine (A) is within a pistol or revolver that was lawfully possessed by the person prior to the effective date of this section, (B) does not extend beyond the bottom of the pistol grip, and (C) contains not more than seventeen bullets. "

jason84

are there any exemptions for off duty military and if so does anyone know what they are

motoxmann

Am I reading this amendment right? You will be able to utilize LCMs for pistols up to seventeen rounds?

yes, that seems to be true, if that amendment passes. though it makes no mention of repealing the requirement to register the magazines, so if this amendment passes it seems you will still need to register the magazines with DESPP

davidmcbeth

Banned
no. all exemptions are only for LEO's, government agents, and military; only while performing their duties

What about the DMV exemption in bill 1076 ... awwww those folks are sad now.

Why should soldiers be any different than us when off-duty?

I'm still reading this brick of a bill.

motoxmann

are there any exemptions for off duty military and if so does anyone know what they are

I stand corrected, I did find an exemption for off-duty military:

page 44, lines 1325-1329: "(b) The provisions of subsection (a) of this section shall not apply to: (1) The sale of assault weapons to (A) the Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection, police departments, the Department of Correction or the military or naval forces of this state or of the United States, for use in the discharge of their official duties or when off duty,"

this refers to the "sale to, after the effective date" though, it does not refer to possession or registration. I'll have to search more about possession and/or registration of AW's for off-duty military.

Last edited:

Robert318

Another tragedy in CT!!

Man there sure are some twisted people in this world!:cry:

They say a mad man went into that school and killed those 20 kids and 6 educators, so what do they call legislators who kill the civil liberties of 100's of thousands "psychotic"!!

They say they aren't taking your guns but gun registration is gun confiscation because you can't pass it down to your children or grandchildren, it has to be turned in and destroyed!!

Those who wrote and or write laws like that are violating not only the second amendment but also the fifth, " no person shall be denied life, liberty, or property without due process" and legislation is not due process.

They try to hide behind the facade that its to protect people from things like this in the future but 1) such laws would not have prevented it from happening if they were in place before the tragedy. 2) there are many tools that aren't designed to kill but kill more people than guns do and they aren't making people get background checks or register those items, so that reasoning is a blatant lie. 3) any weapon used to assault someone is an assault weapon so that term is rhetoric and shows their stupidity!

I feel sorry for you all in CT now more than ever, especially with lawmakers that punish lawful citizens because of the actions of one mental person! They were looking for an excuse and in light of these type of laws being implemented it sure looks like they were staged or provoked in order to achieve their disarmament agenda, they call it collateral damage!

Chicago is crime ridden and areas are looking more and more like ghost towns and they are closing over 40 schools because of the crime and reduced population. Looks like CT is wanting to follow their lead by using emotion instead of brains to pass laws!!

R.I.P.

motoxmann

page 44, lines 1325-1329: "(b) The provisions of subsection (a) of this section shall not apply to: (1) The sale of assault weapons to (A) the Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection, police departments, the Department of Correction or the military or naval forces of this state or of the United States, for use in the discharge of their official duties or when off duty,"

this refers to the "sale to, after the effective date" though, it does not refer to possession or registration. I'll have to search more about possession and/or registration of AW's for off-duty military.

ok, so this is another major flaw in the bill. I just re-read the entire AW section a couple times over, and according to the Bill, it is LEGAL to sell an AW to a member of the military (on- or off-duty) after the bill becomes law. BUT it is ILLEGAL for an off-duty military member to possess an AW if said AW was not possessed legally before this bill becomes law.

translation: if you are off-duty military, you can legally buy an AW after today, but you can not legally possess that AW at any time.

motoxmann

ok, so this is another major flaw in the bill. I just re-read the entire AW section a couple times over, and according to the Bill, it is LEGAL to sell an AW to a member of the military (on- or off-duty) after the bill becomes law. BUT it is ILLEGAL for an off-duty military member to possess an AW if said AW was not possessed legally before this bill becomes law.

translation: if you are off-duty military, you can legally buy an AW after today, but you can not legally possess that AW at any time.

a further update: the law exempts members of the military and naval forces while on-duty and off-duty in regards to limiting only loading 10 rounds in your pistol mag. off-duty military members can legally load more than 10 rounds into their mags everywhere at all times [as long as carrying a firearm is not otherwise prohibited at such location]