• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Leesburg Today - Virginia Restaurant Encourages Customers To Open Carry

Glockster

I LOVE how the owner refused to accept money from a couple who were upset by his OC Wednesday and said they wouldn't be back, saying that he "didn't need their money."

Baked on Grease

Re: Pro 2A Restaurant in Leesburg

"Licensed pistols"

What is this blasphemy?

Otherwise a good read. I've had plans to go out there myself, being a displaced Acadian myself. I'd be stuck in rush hour traffic if I tried to go during the week though.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Mike

Site Co-Founder
http://www.leesburgtoday.com/news/g...cle_fa7f26b4-9c6b-11e2-8665-0019bb2963f4.html

SNIP

Walk into the Cajun Experience on Loudoun Street in downtown Leesburg on a Wednesday night, you are sure to be greeted with a smile and the smell of authentic food from the Mississippi Delta.

Glance down around the customers’ waists, and you will likely see a firearm.

This is Open Carry Wednesday, the day at the New Orleans-style eatery when patrons are encouraged to bring their licensed firearms, and they’ll get a 10 percent discount on their meals.

This was the brainchild of owner Bryan Crosswhite, who started the special four weeks ago. Crosswhite is a native of Lafayette, LA, and said he has worked internationally as an economist, including in the Middle East.

“I’ve seen what the restricting of freedom is all about,” Crosswhite said. “It’s our legal right to carry. I want it to be [my customers’] right to carry in our restaurant.”

. . .

TFred

Good grief... from the Chief of Police, which remember, is a political position:

(From the link in the OP):

[Manager] Crosswhite and [customer] Gontarek, in separate interviews, said the Cajun Experience “is the safest place in Leesburg on a Wednesday night.” [Chief of Police] Price said he doesn’t believe that to be true.

“Based upon the statistics and the crime we see, that’s no safer place than any other part of our community,” he said, noting violent crime is a rare occurrence in Leesburg. “A lot depends upon who the people are with guns. ..."​

Ummm.. "A lot?" Yes, because SOME of those guns still jump out of their holsters (or underpants, as the case may be) and start shooting people and things all by themselves!

No, Sherlock, I'd say that it entirely depends on who the people are with the guns!

:banghead:

TFred

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
http://www.leesburgtoday.com/news/g...cle_fa7f26b4-9c6b-11e2-8665-0019bb2963f4.html

SNIP

Walk into the Cajun Experience on Loudoun Street in downtown Leesburg on a Wednesday night, you are sure to be greeted with a smile and the smell of authentic food from the Mississippi Delta.

Glance down around the customers’ waists, and you will likely see a firearm.

This is Open Carry Wednesday, the day at the New Orleans-style eatery when patrons are encouraged to bring their licensed firearms, and they’ll get a 10 percent discount on their meals.

This was the brainchild of owner Bryan Crosswhite, who started the special four weeks ago. Crosswhite is a native of Lafayette, LA, and said he has worked internationally as an economist, including in the Middle East.

“I’ve seen what the restricting of freedom is all about,” Crosswhite said. “It’s our legal right to carry. I want it to be [my customers’] right to carry in our restaurant.”

. . .

What's a licensed firearm in Virginia?

Marco

NFA firearms would probably be as close as one would come to a licensed firearm here in VA, since one must have their paper work with the firearm.
What's a licensed firearm in Virginia?

Heard a pro personal defense spot on the radio regarding Real Wood Amish Furniture.
The wife and I had been meaning to stop by, now I had another reason.
As I entered the couple leaving asked about my firearm (G20) and the husband told me they both were carrying Bi-Tone Sig 239's, and showed me his.
The Owner of RWAF was super nice, showed me his EDC a G17 and confirmed the radio ad (see below), they have real nice furniture.

2nd Amend Sunday's @ Real wood Amish Furniture in Ruckersville.

Come in on any Sunday barring your legal firearm and be entered into a drawing to receive an Oak rocking chair, you also qualify for a 15% DISCOUNT ON ITEMS ON THE SHOWROOM FLOOR.
I have no dog in the fight

Carrying inside on days other than Sunday is welcomed, as is OC/CC.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
WJLA - The Cajun Experience welcomes gun owners with open arms

More coverage at http://www.wjla.com/articles/2013/0...welcomes-gun-owners-with-open-arms-87066.html

SNIP

Wednesday's special at The Cajun Experience is gumbo with a side of gun. Carrying customers get 10 percent off their purchase on Open Carry Night.

"I like really respect a business that's not intimidated by what you have," Leesburg resident Max W. said. "...come here with your weapon on you and eat some food"

Owner Brian Crosswhite says he didn't set out to make a political statement, but if he's seen as a poster child for businesses backing gun owners during the country's tense gun control talks, so be it.

"Why can't I promote my business as a gun-friendly place that people come in and are law-abiding citizens who chose to participate in the second amendment," Crosswhite said.

Customers attending Open Carry night say the embrace is a nice change from the exclusion they've felt following recent mass murders.

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2013/0...wners-with-open-arms-87066.html#ixzz2PUZz43hL
. . .

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
NFA firearms would probably be as close as one would come to a licensed firearm here in VA, since one must have their paper work with the firearm.

Heard a pro personal defense spot on the radio regarding Real Wood Amish Furniture.
The wife and I had been meaning to stop by, now I had another reason.
As I entered the couple leaving asked about my firearm (G20) and the husband told me they both were carrying Bi-Tone Sig 239's, and showed me his.
The Owner of RWAF was super nice, showed me his EDC a G17 and confirmed the radio ad (see below), they have real nice furniture.

I have no dog in the fight

Carrying inside on days other than Sunday is welcomed, as is OC/CC.

Sure NFA firearms fall within that classification but the context pointed to sidearms and that is why I asked about the term "licensed firearms" as it related to the article.

Good encounter for you at that furniture store. Nice to see that, but it does not surprise me at all. I have yet to have a bad experience with a business when OC'ing.

Marco

Sure NFA firearms fall within that classification but the context pointed to sidearms and that is why I asked about the term "licensed firearms" as it related to the article.

Good encounter for you at that furniture store. Nice to see that, but it does not surprise me at all. I have yet to have a bad experience with a business when OC'ing.

At this yr 's Lobby Day there was at least one attendee that OC'd a SBS, the capital cop was quick to ask for his paper work.

I will have to be sure to stop by this eatery when I'm in the area.

zoom6zoom

I wasn't able to log in to post a comment, but perhaps someone could note that while drinking while OC is legal, it is rarely seen and is strongly discouraged in the OC community.