• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AB143 Judiciary Committee Hearing

Nevada carrier

I gotta say, I feel really pissed off right now. I almost don't know what to say. We might have a chance at getting this bill through next session, but for now we're too busy tripping over our own dicks trying to be the next one at the micraphone to say the same thing the last guy said only louder, not realizing that we're cutting off people who have important, new things to say in favor of tired cliche's and rhetoric. I'm really pissed off over this, you guys have no idea!

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
For AB143 I didn't get to speak on it during the part of the hearing concerning that bill because too many people were in front of me. I felt a bit frustrated too at the time, as I personally felt I had different things to say. After all three bills hearings I got to speak on AB143 in the general public comment section. Regrettably I was not very eloquent at that time as I was afraid I was going to run out of time, and of course many did not get to speak that wanted to. Hopefully I did not cut off someone who was going to be more eloquent than I was.

I did get to speak on AB234 during the actual hearing for that part.

I always try to take notes on what other people say and I try not to repeat the same thing someone else said.

The amendment to AB143 by the sponsor would be really disappointing if it were changed to that. After amendment the bill would be nearly useless as it wouldn't allow carry during day classes. And if your only class is a day class but you have to stay until midnight for group projects or to use the $20,000 software in the computer lab, you are still disarmed at night. It would still be a step in the right direction, of course, but a baby step.

Last edited:

Nevada carrier

It's time to take this to court, we've tried the legislative approach, not it's time to take the judicial approach. The law as written is a permit scheme, and a permit scheme must be shall issue and determine eligability through due process.