• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Connecticut Carry - Press Release - The Connecticut House of Representatives Passes G

Rich B

From: http://ctcarry.com/News/Release/c0c5c6fa-6f54-4e2d-ba61-a3f5edb6e84e

The Connecticut House of Representatives Passes Gun Ban

The House of Representatives fails to represent the citizens of Connecticut

Connecticut, April 3, 2013:

Wednesday, April 3rd, 2013 will live in infamy as the day that Connecticut legislators usurped the legislative process to pander to their anti-gun agenda with hopes of furthering their political careers. In one, fell, unethical swoop, the Connecticut legislature made clear that they had no regard or consideration for the rights and vocal opinions of their constituents.

Legislators spent much time during their respective sessions patting themselves on the back for making a united front against property rights, the right to self defense and the right to bear arms. They should be ashamed of themselves, if they can put aside their political goals long enough to feel the effects of what they have done to good people in Connecticut.

In passing this legislation, the legislature has sent several clear and horrible messages:

· Adults that can serve in war but are not yet 21 cannot own the civilian, semi-automatic versions of what they would be sent to war with.
· A citizen who wishes to abide by the law will always be at a defensive disadvantage to their attacker who will not download their magazines with the state mandated 10 round limit.
· The latest defensive technology will no longer be available to citizens, only to criminals. Future generations in Connecticut will be left completely without this technology.
· Manufacturers of firearms and accessories that the state has demonized are no longer welcome in this state and the state will lose the revenue and all of the jobs associated.
· Legislators have no interest in making anyone other than criminals safer.

Hopefully legislators in Connecticut are about to face the same fate as the Federal legislators who were voted out following the Federal AWB of 1994. The State of Connecticut has kicked a hornet’s nest.

Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

Richard Burgess
President
Connecticut Carry, Inc
Ph: 203-208-9577
Email: rich@ctcarry.com
http://ctcarry.com

chuotcon289

What will happen to all the preban rifles? Are they still legal with the extra accessories after Malloy signs this bill?

Glock2010

who voted what

Does anyone know where I can get a list of who voted for this bill?
Thanks.

Sgt. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D.

Thanks Rich - I was going to ask you for the same thing. Time to fire off some additional letters and make some calls to voice my negative response to the passage of the bill - it will probably continue to fall on deaf ears, but we all need to continue to apply pressure to stop legislation like this in whatever capacity we can. It will be interesting to see what happens come election time...

For posterity's sake: We must not solely focus our efforts on vocalizing our disappointment/displeasure with those who voted yes on this bill; it is also important to convey our support to those which didn't.

Glock2010

Thanks Rich,
In the past I haven't paid much attention to state elections, but I'm going to be fully involved from now on and get some these children out of office and vote some adults in.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Thanks Rich - I was going to ask you for the same thing. Time to fire off some additional letters and make some calls to voice my negative response to the passage of the bill - it will probably continue to fall on deaf ears, but we all need to continue to apply pressure to stop legislation like this in whatever capacity we can. It will be interesting to see what happens come election time...

For posterity's sake: We must not solely focus our efforts on vocalizing our disappointment/displeasure with those who voted yes on this bill; it is also important to convey our support to those which didn't.

I shot off a email to Ed Jutila, a democrat that voted no, telling him thanks.

The others who voted no....they won't care about no emails...when I see them face to face I'll let them know - loudly

davidmcbeth

Banned
Thanks Rich,
In the past I haven't paid much attention to state elections, but I'm going to be fully involved from now on and get some these children out of office and vote some adults in.

I contacted a few candidates for last election and offered to walk my neighborhood .... none of them cared, they just wanted $$$.

So I voted a straight party ticket -- all libertarians

Glock2010

Polictical donation -

Hi,
I'd like to support some of those who voted against the stupid gun bill. Does anyone know of any particularly closes races that need help?
thanks.

Rich B

Hi,
I'd like to support some of those who voted against the stupid gun bill. Does anyone know of any particularly closes races that need help?
thanks.

You can find a list of legislators and how they voted here: http://ctcarry.com/Legislative/Legislators

There has been some discussion on our Facebook page - http://FB.com/ConnecticutCarry - of various races. One of the main ones we are concentrating on is the AG race.

You might be able to help on that front. http://kieforag.com