• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What organization will fight the unconstitutionality and has the resources to win???

sidelinellc

between windsor and north grandby, Connecticut, US
Now that this crap is before us as law, what organization will most likely be offering legal challenge and has the ability to overturn this ? I along with many I'm sure, will be donating to the cause once it gets rolling.

Watching the presentation until midnight, I would assume many legislators/senators quoted constitutional case law into the record in opposition of these laws as to lay the groundwork for an easy overturning of the AWB. I applaud the ones whom did this.
Basically would like a realistic game plan for the unknown before us.
Being involved in protests outside the capitol apparently wasn't enough. I'm at a loss.

customcreationllc

I wish all the people that voted yes were held responsible for creating unconstitutional laws.
As in they pay for the court fees not our tax dollars.
Sucks it is going to cost us double, cash fight and taxes to defend.

Rich B

I have no doubts that we may see some people or organizations charge headlong into the fray with no concern for actual legal strategy.

I/We have been telling people for a long time that there should be no immediate facial challenge to this bill. There are many reasons why. We all know it is 'unconstitutional'. That really means nothing. Like it or not, we are not on a legal island unto ourselves. There are current Federal lawsuits going on right now that have impacted and will further impact this bill. Charging headlong into this with a frontal challenge is not likely the best choice for litigation.

We will be moving forward according to plan to put together the people, the attorneys and the infrastructure that will fix many of our issues according to the plans we have been working on for about two years now. When things have solid plans and have solid support to move forward, they will be released publicly. Until then, people can get on board and support us in many ways. We have not exactly been shy about asking for the support and we have not hid our opinions on this matter.

This is not going to happen overnight. This is going to be a war that goes on for years. The people of Connecticut have been apathetic for a long time, and that is one of the major things we need to overcome. It is something the grassroots movement in our state can help correct. Talk to everyone you can, tell them why our state is in distress. Tell them what the politicians did and how they did it. Scream it from the rooftops. And then push those people to get involved.

The simple fact is that no one in the state has the resources or infrastructure to accomplish this fight right now. That is why we started Connecticut Carry. That is why we will keep fighting moving forward.

How they can get involved:

They can volunteer their effort: http://ctcarry.com/Employment/List

They can join us and get informed: http://ctcarry.com/Account/Register

They can donate resources which are always needed and appreciated: http://ctcarry.com/Account/Donation

They can help us advertise and show support publicly: http://ctcarry.com/Store/Products

davidmcbeth

Banned
I would totally disagree regarding the need to "wait".

The costs? The same as any other lawsuit, likely less because all the arguments regarding specific points are legal ones ... witnesses would be minimal; depositions minimal... but it might go all the way to SCOTUS

All the gun registration would likely be seen as being OK.
All the fees would likely be seen as OK.
The new "permits" would likely be seen as OK.

The magazine registration\restriction is doubtful to pass muster, its just a PART of the gun ... what if you break yours (+ its covered I think)
The AWB is doubtful to pass muster
These 2 can go right to federal court tomorrow...they are purely questions of law..the easiest of suits

Other issues such as the way the bill was produced (secret meetings etc.) are a little but more complicated to address...would certainly be addressed in a criminal trial if one pops up quick....but one can attack the entire bill due to the secret meetings aspect of it...this does not appear difficult ..

Some of the points are already pending in other federal cases too ... Heller II is talking about AWB for sure that's going to go to the top (IF the court wants to hear them, and that's a big IF).

So, I would not wait for a SCOTUS decision ~ you may be waiting for 50 years

One can file suit about a single issue in the bill/law ... if one wanted to "hit the road running". The AWB is one such item that needs addressing asap imo.