Thread: ACLU says Reidís gun legislation could threaten privacy rights, civil liberties.

ACLU says Reidís gun legislation could threaten privacy rights, civil liberties.

Calabrese explained.

ďHowever, we also believe those checks have to be conducted in a way that protects privacy and civil liberties. So, in that regard, we think the current legislation, the current proposal on universal background checks raises two significant concerns,Ē he went on.

ďThe first is that it treats the records for private purchases very differently than purchases made through licensed sellers. Under existing law, most information regarding an approved purchase is destroyed within 24 hours when a licensed seller does a [National Instant Criminal Background Check System] check now,Ē Calabrese said, ďand almost all of it is destroyed within 90 days.Ēhttp://dailycaller.com/2013/04/04/ex...vil-liberties/ Copyright The Daily Caller

ACLLU* just now figured this out?

*American Civil Liberal Liberties Union
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare