• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Newport News Midwife Offers Discount to Gun Owners

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
OMG. The comments - they hurt my head.

Worst one so far - newborns will kill themselves with Mommy's/Daddy's guns.

Now seriously, if I were going to go there I would have said newborns would kill Mommy/Daddy for bringing them into such a crappy world.

And the Bush/Cheney shinola? ::headbang::

stay safe.

Justine

OMG. The comments - they hurt my head.

Worst one so far - newborns will kill themselves with Mommy's/Daddy's guns.

Now seriously, if I were going to go there I would have said newborns would kill Mommy/Daddy for bringing them into such a crappy world.

And the Bush/Cheney shinola? ::headbang::

stay safe.

LOL Yeah, I agree, a lot of the comments were ridiculous, but it's nice to see that more and more businesses are getting on board with supporting the 2A. This is probably the last type of business I thought would jump on board, but I'm glad to see they did, and if I ever am blessed with a baby on board, I'll consider their services (after checking their licensing and such, of course, afterall, it will be my kid). :lol:

MamabearCali

That is funny! If I lived close enough and if we were blessed with another I might consider it. The ignorance that was displayed in the comments was astounding!

TFred

Not that I would ever be making such a choice, but I can't imagine someone picking a health care provider based on a coupon... I suppose if you are looking for a new one, you might add them to the list to evaluate, but it's hardly a low-bid-win kind of a choice. JMHO, of course!

TFred

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Not that I would ever be making such a choice, but I can't imagine someone picking a health care provider based on a coupon... I suppose if you are looking for a new one, you might add them to the list to evaluate, but it's hardly a low-bid-win kind of a choice. JMHO, of course!

TFred

If you have health insurance you are picking your medical care provider based on having a coupon.

When I had the coupon that was my first consideration, then weeding out the assembly-line ones to wind up with one I could establish a working 2-way relationship with.

Medical care providers are required to meet minimum standards. There is nothing that says they must exceed those. The guy that graduated at the bottom of his medical school class is still called "Doctor" - even when he gets elected to Congress.

These folks are not just saying "I support the Seconf Amendment." They put their money literally where their mouths are. If only some politicians would do the same.

stay safe.

mommymidwife

Midwife

I never thought this would lead to such a big thing.
We have offered military personnel the same discount since I started helping families in 2000.
I have been paid for births with jam/jellies, chickens, honey, bullets and instruction..so it isn't about getting more clients or making our business busier. This discount is about our moronic government telling us what we can and can't do. I think that our Constitution tells us all we need.
Anyhow, wanted to chime in and follow up on the link I saw you folks had posted.
Thank you!
jeni rector, lm, cpm.

Justine

I never thought this would lead to such a big thing.
We have offered military personnel the same discount since I started helping families in 2000.
I have been paid for births with jam/jellies, chickens, honey, bullets and instruction..so it isn't about getting more clients or making our business busier. This discount is about our moronic government telling us what we can and can't do. I think that our Constitution tells us all we need.
Anyhow, wanted to chime in and follow up on the link I saw you folks had posted.
Thank you!
jeni rector, lm, cpm.

Thanks for standing by your principles and doing what's right!

skeith5

I LOVE midwives! If we lived in the area and didn't already have an awesome one to go to if check it out. Research c-section rates, that should be alone to get one to think about doing things more naturally.

I'm surprised by the coupon though. I don't know what my midwife would have thought if she knew I was carrying every time she saw us.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I'm surprised by the coupon though. I don't know what my midwife would have thought if she knew I was carrying every time she saw us.

If she's any good, she would think that you are a good daddy/daddy-to-be who takes the protection of his family seriously. If she was really good she would think that you are one of the few fully- and appropriately-dressed folks walking around.

stay safe.

carsontech

Activist Member
I carried at my first sons birth and open carried at my second sons birth. The wife open carries all day, everyday, too, (unless she's out in public here in SC, as SC is not an open carry state), but she took her gun off when when labor hit, as she was getting a tad uncomfortable :lol:. We opened carried at the pre- and post-checkups, as well. The midwife and her helpers never batted an eye.

I can hear the fudds/antis now.... "Why would you need a gun at your sons births?!"
I can hear the indoctrinated/brainwashed/"educated" people too... "Why would you give birth in such a barbaric way? You don't deserve to have children!"

Screw hospitals and the medical industrial complex. Those places are for sick people, and pregnancy isn't a sickness. Of course, there is a time and places for modern medicine and procedures, but not for a MAJORITY of pregnancies.

Last edited:

MamabearCali

I carried at my first sons birth and open carried at my second sons birth. The wife open carries all day, everyday, too, (unless she's out in public here in SC, as SC is not an open carry state), but she took her gun off when when labor hit, as she was getting a tad uncomfortable :lol:. We opened carried at the pre- and post-checkups, as well. The midwife and her helpers never batted an eye.

I can hear the fudds/antis now.... "Why would you need a gun at your sons births?!"
I can hear the indoctrinated/brainwashed/"educated" people too... "Why would you give birth in such a barbaric way? You don't deserve to have children!"

Screw hospitals and the medical industrial complex. Those places are for sick people, and pregnancy isn't a sickness. Of course, there is a time and places for modern medicine and procedures, but not for a MAJORITY of pregnancies.

Amen! There is a time and a place for MD's but most of the time they just muck things up. They are trained to "do something to fix this"...so they do, not realizing that most of the time the best thing to do is to sit and wait. Birth is a normal thing that women's bodies are deigned to do. Most of the time things go along just swimmingly if left alone. MD's are great when you need then, but most of the time they are just simply overqualified for the job of simple delivery.

Justine

I work in a hospital, and frankly, I hate that the hospital I work in is a "gun free zone". There are altercations in hospitals daily. In the hospital I work in they announce these disturbances by calling a "Code Silver" (specific numbers indicate whether or not there is a weapon involved). So, frankly, if I were giving birth in a hospital I'd hope that my boyfriend/husband was carrying, because you truly never know when you're going to encounter a threat to yourself or others. If it's a home birth (which I'd much prefer anyway) I don't have to worry, as I have guns, and there's always one close by and I'll not marry a man that is uncomfortable with using one, or having them nearby.

Basically, I'm trying to say... Good on you! :banana: