• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

100 firearms now banned!Which one"s?

vaz11

Does anybody know or know where i can get a copy of firearms that are now banned in CT?

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Does anybody know or know where i can get a copy of firearms that are now banned in CT?

copies would be banned too most likely.. I don't see the public act posted yet so its technically not an official law yet as far as I know ... don't know if anyone is still selling them

Last edited:

motoxmann

copies would be banned too most likely.. I don't see the public act posted yet so its technically not an official law yet as far as I know ... don't know if anyone is still selling them

according to social media, some stores thought they had to stop selling them by noon today, while others say they were in communication with DESPP who said they could sell til 5pm.

as for copies, I believe he meant a copy of the bill/law lol, not a copy of a firearm haha.

As david said though, the law has not been posted anywhere yet, only the bill, which can be seen here:
http://www.cga.ct.gov/2013/TOB/s/pdf/2013SB-01160-R00-SB.pdf

the assault weapons section is pages 38-43

motoxmann

and by the way, there is nothing within the bill that says we can't modify an AW as long as it was legally owned/possessed before the law takes effect, and as long as it is registered by the date they set. this means we most likely can unpin our stocks, unpin our muzzlebreaks, add flash suppressors, grenade launchers, rocket launchers, sound suppressors, bayonets, anything you want, to any rifle you want.

it's a technicality at this point, and I'm not 100% certain on this, but I can't find anything stating this CANT be done. I'll research/read more once I can make a definitive assertion. so don't go modding your rifles just yet lol, wouldn't want you to get in trouble because you think I said it's ok to do yet

Last edited:

motoxmann

and just to clarify, the weapons that are banned are only banned from being sold to a citizen that resides in CT. if you already own one before today, it is not banned per say, you just need to register it by the date they set, or sell it to a dealer, or turn it in to a police department or DESPP, or somehow get it out of the state if you don't plan to register it (IE: get a storage bay/locker in another state, NOT NY cuz they're banned there too)

davidmcbeth

Banned
You can make your own lower AR as well ... not too hard to do, that's what makes the gun

So "homemade" is not listed on any specified list ...

How can they tell when you made it? I don't know ... but all the other parts of an AR don't need to go through a dealer ...

So start making them tonight .. drill press, activate !

http://aresarmor.com/store/index.ph...=hmgar15&sid=m9n41jk32w001a1lci914c33le45vygq

Here's one I have utilized ...

Last edited:

Shawn Mitola

So hear is a question. If we have until January to register our guns then what is to stop us from going into another state and buying something before january then bringing it back into CT and registering it with the state before January? Am I missing something about this?

davidmcbeth

Banned
So hear is a question. If we have until January to register our guns then what is to stop us from going into another state and buying something before january then bringing it back into CT and registering it with the state before January? Am I missing something about this?

Well, there would be a record of when you bought it at the ffl or with the seller (don't think they won't "rat" you out).

Unless you build your own, and then you can get around the "assault weapon" designation all together if you make it outside of "per the specs"

motoxmann

The bill specifically states that you must own/possess it before the law takes effect, and you may be required to have proof of that.
and it is illegal for a CT resident to buy an AW after the law takes effect, and it is illegal for anyone to sell to a CT resident after the law takes effect. so both sides would be breaking the law and can be convicted of a felony.
and considering the federal laws for interstate gun sales, you technically/legally can not buy a gun from another state and bring it into CT, that is also a felony, gun traffikking. interstate gun sales must go through FFL's, and if an FFL sells to a CT resident after the law takes effect, they will be committing a felony, and will also lose their liscense.

the ONLY loophole to this is if you have a residence in CT and in another state, and you buy the gun in the state of your other residence [using your ID for that residence if an ID is required], and bring it into CT to possess at your CT residence. though this concept now is just a sketchy loophole in the new bill, so be weary of that

I know a few people who have done this in the past to be able to acquire firearms from other states through private party sales and no official record of the sale without breaking any laws.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Well, once you register the gun then they'll have the info to run the gun and see when it was purchased (serial #, man. etc).

Will they do this with every gun registered? I would not put it past them to do that.

Plus, if you had any issues where they get your serial # (cop wants to run the gun) then they'll find out then.

So unless its a private seller on his deathbed I would foresee problems ...

You could buy a gun out of state, replace the lower with a homemade one and then they would have nothing to trace ... but this would be the equivalent of "making your own gun".... if it needs registering then you could register it without a serial # ... I can see DESPP howling over no serial # but one does not have to be on it if its homemade. Or etch in "none" as a serial # .... lol Of course, to buy a gun you usually have to be a resident of the state where you bought it ~ another wrinkle ... just as easy to make your own gun in state with parts