Thread: Obama: Newtown Shooter Gunned Down 20 Children With 'Fully Automatic Weapon'

Obama: Newtown Shooter Gunned Down 20 Children With 'Fully Automatic Weapon'

Now, over the next couple of months, we’ve got a couple of issues: gun control. (Applause.) I just came from Denver, where the issue of gun violence is something that has haunted families for way too long, and it is possible for us to create common-sense gun safety measures that respect the traditions of gun ownership in this country and hunters and sportsmen, but also make sure that we don’t have another 20 children in a classroom gunned down by a semiautomatic weapon -- by a fully automatic weapon in that case, sadly.
    From the official transcript, provided by the White House.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...on_714527.html

Whoever called him "Lord of Lies" was right on!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Repeat a lie/disinformation often enough and the uninformed will believe it and repeat it as gospel.

That is where we come in with facts to set the record straight.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    This concerns me more than his ignorance on terminology (or his deliberate misuse of a term in order to inflame):

common-sense gun safety measures that respect the traditions of gun ownership in this country and hunters and sportsmen
    That sentence tells me that he has no earthly idea what the RKBA is--not that I ever thought he did or cared to. He might as well sit on the tailgate of a pickup truck with his finger on the trigger of a rifle sweeping his kids in the yard.

'Propaganda as pedagogy' by George Will, from behind WaPo's paywall, cracked by MJS

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Repeat a lie/disinformation often enough and the uninformed will believe it and repeat it as gospel. That is where we come in with facts to set the record straight.
    From George F. Will, from behind WaPo's paywall -

Propaganda as pedagogy

The real vocation of some people entrusted with delivering primary and secondary education is to validate this proposition: The three R's - formerly reading, 'riting and 'rithmetic - now are racism, reproduction and recycling. Especially racism. http://www.jsonline.com/news/opinion...201294381.html