Thread: Establishment Republicans are progressive lite

Establishment Republicans are progressive lite

I shall provide but a small sampling:

• Many of them are/were moderately to vehemently anti-RKBA, such as McCain and Reagan (who, though he is lionized as a conservative hero, signed anti-RKBA legislation in 1986).
    • Many of them support(ed) amnesty for illegals (Graham, and once again, Regan, among many, many others).
    • These ass clowns piss and moan about wasteful government spending (which is a good thing to complain about), and then procede to waste hundreds of billions of dollars on idiotic, pointless wars of absolutely no benefit to U.S. taxpayers.
    • These hypocrites [rightfully] ridicule union thugs, and take special action against public sector unions, except that if you're a union thug with a badge, whose bad behavior is protected by a public sector union, they worship you as a god.
    • These fools [rightfully] critcize handouts on the taxpayers' dime, and then demand that taxpayer-funded handouts be given to citizens of foreign contries in the form of military aid.
    • These spineless individuals embrace political correctness after being pressured long and hard enough.

These people will then accuse real small government people, such as Ron Paul supporters, of being quasi-Democrats for being non-interventionists (even though interventionism is something that they share with the progressives).
    Last edited by minarchist; 04-04-2013 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Insults edited

Again...Take two Midol's and call us in the morning.
    Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)

Quote Originally Posted by Lurchiron View Post
    Again...Take two Midol's and call us in the morning.
    How about you stay out of threads that hurt your feelings.

Republicans are progressive

Republicans are progressive. +1 "Lite" is a quibble.

Anybody here got an effective definition of progressive? Progressives aspire to godlike goodness that can live without society/culture/laws. The conservative principle is that men are flawed and that power will corrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Republicans are progressive. +1 "Lite" is a quibble.
    I was being generous because some establishment Republicans are very good with the RKBA. Generally, they aren't good for much else.

Quote Originally Posted by minarchist View Post
    How about you stay out of threads that hurt your feelings.
    Why is it that you claim to be a Godless Libertarian, yet you try to control others opinions as if you were a God bent on retribution for being contradicted???
    Bale da Hay

Quote Originally Posted by Lurchiron View Post
    Why is it that you claim to be a Godless Libertarian, yet you try to control others opinions as if you were a God bent on retribution for being contradicted???
    You are here to cause problems, as evidenced by your childish, non-substantive posts. Therefore, get fuked.

Quote Originally Posted by minarchist View Post
    You are here to cause problems, as evidenced by your childish, non-substantive posts. Therefore, get fuked.
    Awww...that's not very Gary Johnson-like of you, perhaps you should kick back; smoke a little Denver & sing some Kumbaya
    then smash the HEL out of your computer...Peace out
    Bale da Hay

Most conservatives don't believe in the 2nd amendment. If they did, why don't they agitate for a better armed and trained population here at home, with a system more like Switzerland's? The founders didn't want standing armies, they believed in the people being the best defense. Neocons worship the standing army. Indeed, the neocons are proved wrong every day in the middle east. Look at Af-Pak, they don't have standing armies yet they can't be defeated by the most advanced imperial force the world has ever seen. There are plenty of "conservatives" who work for "defense" contractors, whose wife works for the public "schools", whose eldest son is a guard at the local prison, and whose other son is in the military, hoo-rah. Many live off the government teat. No, I see most conservatives as trying to conserve tyranny. After the Democrats are finished raping this country, I expect a brown shirt neocon strong man to be [s]elected and lead us into another world war, possibly with Persia. This is what usually happens when a nation has been economically hobbled. I don't think a false flag, a la 9/11, will work for them. The imploding economy will be all the impetus we need. And God help you then if you don't "support the troops". Keep your mouth shut, expect new Alien and Sedition Acts.
    Last edited by 77zach; 04-04-2013 at 07:47 PM.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Note to self: Buy more Aluminum foil stocks...also; look into the parent company of Midol for possible hostile takeover bid
    Bale da Hay

I have enjoyed reading this thread. Let the cannibalizing begin LOL.

Constitutionalists, Libertarians, Anarchists, Liberals, Conservatives, etc...all are Progressive.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    Most conservatives don't believe in the 2nd amendment. If they did, why don't they agitate for a better armed and trained population here at home, with a system more like Switzerland's? The founders didn't want standing armies, they believed in the people being the best defense. Neocons worship the standing army. Indeed, the neocons are proved wrong every day in the middle east. Look at Af-Pak, they don't have standing armies yet they can't be defeated by the most advanced imperial force the world has ever seen. There are plenty of "conservatives" who work for "defense" contractors, whose wife works for the public "schools", whose eldest son is a guard at the local prison, and whose other son is in the military, hoo-rah. Many live off the government teat. No, I see most conservatives as trying to conserve tyranny. After the Democrats are finished raping this country, I expect a brown shirt neocon strong man to be [s]elected and lead us into another world war, possibly with Persia. This is what usually happens when a nation has been economically hobbled. I don't think a false flag, a la 9/11, will work for them. The imploding economy will be all the impetus we need. And God help you then if you don't "support the troops". Keep your mouth shut, expect new Alien and Sedition Acts.
    Except that it isn't the "afghans" that can't be defeated. It is foreign fighters coming from other countries in such that they have a constant stream of fighters who aren't from the country and are highly radicalized, not to mention all of the rules that tie the hands of the military and all of the political BS that we have to deal with (sorry, but a military isn't a "nation building" force no matter how hard our politicians try). Not to mention other outside forces "helping" (whether it be how we helped when the Soviets came in or the stories of other countries like Iran helping the insurgents now). What you're saying about Af-Pak would be like saying that Germany didn't conquer France simply because there was a resistance movement.

I also think it funny that you seem to think that if a family wants to actually serve their country/community then they must want to conserve tyranny. There are plenty of military members who disagree with all of the various wars, teachers who don't like the degradation of the school systems, prison guards who disagree with varying amounts laws that put people behind bars, etc. But I guess all of these people really just want to conserve tyranny because they're working in the system to still be able to help out their country/community while still attempting to follow the rules to fix it instead of just boycotting/rebelling against the system.

Banned
    I believe in 1 rule: those who have the guns make the rules

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I believe in 1 rule: those who have the guns make the rules
    Those who have the BIGGEST guns make the rules.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    I have enjoyed reading this thread. Let the cannibalizing begin LOL.

Constitutionalists, Libertarians, Anarchists, Liberals, Conservatives, etc...all are Progressive.
    Depends on how you define "progressive".
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)