• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Establishment Republicans are progressive lite

minarchist

I shall provide but a small sampling:

• Many of them are/were moderately to vehemently anti-RKBA, such as McCain and Reagan (who, though he is lionized as a conservative hero, signed anti-RKBA legislation in 1986).
  • Many of them support(ed) amnesty for illegals (Graham, and once again, Regan, among many, many others).
  • These ass clowns piss and moan about wasteful government spending (which is a good thing to complain about), and then procede to waste hundreds of billions of dollars on idiotic, pointless wars of absolutely no benefit to U.S. taxpayers.
  • These hypocrites [rightfully] ridicule union thugs, and take special action against public sector unions, except that if you're a union thug with a badge, whose bad behavior is protected by a public sector union, they worship you as a god.
  • These fools [rightfully] critcize handouts on the taxpayers' dime, and then demand that taxpayer-funded handouts be given to citizens of foreign contries in the form of military aid.
  • These spineless individuals embrace political correctness after being pressured long and hard enough.

These people will then accuse real small government people, such as Ron Paul supporters, of being quasi-Democrats for being non-interventionists (even though interventionism is something that they share with the progressives).

Last edited:

minarchist

Why is it that you claim to be a Godless Libertarian, yet you try to control others opinions as if you were a God bent on retribution for being contradicted???:confused::confused::confused:

You are here to cause problems, as evidenced by your childish, non-substantive posts. Therefore, get fuked.

Lurchiron

You are here to cause problems, as evidenced by your childish, non-substantive posts. Therefore, get fuked.

Awww...that's not very Gary Johnson-like of you, perhaps you should kick back; smoke a little Denver & sing some Kumbaya
[video=youtube;PVqK0Yr9ljs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVqK0Yr9ljs[/video] then smash the HEL out of your computer...Peace out :cool:

77zach

Most conservatives don't believe in the 2nd amendment. If they did, why don't they agitate for a better armed and trained population here at home, with a system more like Switzerland's? The founders didn't want standing armies, they believed in the people being the best defense. Neocons worship the standing army. Indeed, the neocons are proved wrong every day in the middle east. Look at Af-Pak, they don't have standing armies yet they can't be defeated by the most advanced imperial force the world has ever seen. There are plenty of "conservatives" who work for "defense" contractors, whose wife works for the public "schools", whose eldest son is a guard at the local prison, and whose other son is in the military, hoo-rah. Many live off the government teat. No, I see most conservatives as trying to conserve tyranny. After the Democrats are finished raping this country, I expect a brown shirt neocon strong man to be elected and lead us into another world war, possibly with Persia. This is what usually happens when a nation has been economically hobbled. I don't think a false flag, a la 9/11, will work for them. The imploding economy will be all the impetus we need. And God help you then if you don't "support the troops". Keep your mouth shut, expect new Alien and Sedition Acts.

Last edited:

Lurchiron

Note to self: Buy more Aluminum foil stocks...also; look into the parent company of Midol for possible hostile takeover bid :banana:

Ca Patriot

I used to be a republican but I left the party in 2005. The reasons why I left were.....

republicans didnt cut taxes enough. sometims they raised them.

republicans wouldnt seal the border and deport illegal aliens.

republicans spent too much money.

republicans grew government in size and power.

republicans didnt respect, honor and uphold the US constitution.

republicans were not supporting gun rights enough.

republicans didnt support freedom and liberty (gay marriage, drugs, prostitution)

republicans supported and increased the police state

Beretta92FSLady

I have enjoyed reading this thread. Let the cannibalizing begin LOL.

Constitutionalists, Libertarians, Anarchists, Liberals, Conservatives, etc...all are Progressive.

Aknazer

Most conservatives don't believe in the 2nd amendment. If they did, why don't they agitate for a better armed and trained population here at home, with a system more like Switzerland's? The founders didn't want standing armies, they believed in the people being the best defense. Neocons worship the standing army. Indeed, the neocons are proved wrong every day in the middle east. Look at Af-Pak, they don't have standing armies yet they can't be defeated by the most advanced imperial force the world has ever seen. There are plenty of "conservatives" who work for "defense" contractors, whose wife works for the public "schools", whose eldest son is a guard at the local prison, and whose other son is in the military, hoo-rah. Many live off the government teat. No, I see most conservatives as trying to conserve tyranny. After the Democrats are finished raping this country, I expect a brown shirt neocon strong man to be elected and lead us into another world war, possibly with Persia. This is what usually happens when a nation has been economically hobbled. I don't think a false flag, a la 9/11, will work for them. The imploding economy will be all the impetus we need. And God help you then if you don't "support the troops". Keep your mouth shut, expect new Alien and Sedition Acts.

Except that it isn't the "afghans" that can't be defeated. It is foreign fighters coming from other countries in such that they have a constant stream of fighters who aren't from the country and are highly radicalized, not to mention all of the rules that tie the hands of the military and all of the political BS that we have to deal with (sorry, but a military isn't a "nation building" force no matter how hard our politicians try). Not to mention other outside forces "helping" (whether it be how we helped when the Soviets came in or the stories of other countries like Iran helping the insurgents now). What you're saying about Af-Pak would be like saying that Germany didn't conquer France simply because there was a resistance movement.

I also think it funny that you seem to think that if a family wants to actually serve their country/community then they must want to conserve tyranny. There are plenty of military members who disagree with all of the various wars, teachers who don't like the degradation of the school systems, prison guards who disagree with varying amounts laws that put people behind bars, etc. But I guess all of these people really just want to conserve tyranny because they're working in the system to still be able to help out their country/community while still attempting to follow the rules to fix it instead of just boycotting/rebelling against the system.