Thread: Bought a new toy!

Cool Bought a new toy!

Bought a new toy... Picked up today a new Glock 17 Gen 4. This is my first Glock. I can't wait to try it out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image002.jpg 
Views:	628 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	10209
    Last edited by mem1977; 04-04-2013 at 08:49 PM.
    I'll give you my gun when you take it from my cold, dead hands! ~ Charlton Heston (1923 -- 2008)

Lord, make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand be faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had a gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass. ~ The Gunfighter’s Prayer

Bought a new toy!

No i will dispose of that death trap for you.

Cool

I thought this was a group that would support one another. Seems like you both are jerks to me. So go blow Obama.
    I'll give you my gun when you take it from my cold, dead hands! ~ Charlton Heston (1923 -- 2008)

Lord, make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand be faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had a gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass. ~ The Gunfighter’s Prayer

Cool

And you didn't see the humor in my intent. LOL I made a funny too.

Regular Member self preservation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mem1977 View Post
    I thought this was a group that would support one another. Seems like you both are jerks to me. So go blow Obama.
    I don't believe stand up comedy would be a good career move for you.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke

self-pres·er·va·tion (slfprzr-vshn)
    n.
    1. Protection of oneself from harm or destruction.
    2. The instinct for individual preservation; the innate desire to stay alive.

mem 1977 turns the same BS humor back on the two folks bad-mouthing cr@ppy Tupperware in the hopes of getting their mitts on it, and one of them gets his kinickers in a twist.

Yes, the suggested social interlude with Obama was crude, but I do not believe it reached the point of violating Rule #9 or Rule #15.

On a personal note, I would like to thank the OP for taking that piece of thermoplastic off the shelves and arranging to hide it from further public view. What the OP uses in the privacy of his own home to keep importasnt papers from blowing around is nobody's business but his own.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Well that escalated quickly.

Hey Mem, tell ya what, I'll give you my Hi-point .40, and 300rnds of ammo, and take that POS off your hands. You need something that you can bust skulls with when the mag's run dry. That Glock couldn't squish a flea.
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gutshot View Post
    Geez, you might want to work on developing a sense of humor. This was obviously an attempt by both of us to express a desire to own the same gun as the one you bought and to make a joke. Sorry, that you were unable to see the obvious humorous intent.

Many people have Nooooo sense of humor, like this thread:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...action-just-in

Is this to be open carried?

I have to ask since if the topic is specifically related to open carry, it shouldn't be in this forum, but instead, in the open topic forum..

Great buy man! You won't be disappointed dont feed into what people that hate on Glocks say. It might be your perfect gun, you might hate it. But only you should decide.

My EDC is a Gen 4 17 and I love it. Its also my night stand gun and my flash light Its a great price of equipment for me*

In all seriousness this was kind of funny tho lol

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    snip What the OP uses in the privacy of his own home to keep importasnt papers from blowing around is nobody's business but his own.

stay safe.
    *personal opinion. I'm sure some would name 6,328 different guns that are better than mine, but my G17 is my preference. Thanks lol
    Additional text for your reading pleasure...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HearseGuy View Post
    . Its also my night stand gun and my flash light
    Don't confuse the two, you would not want to blind a burglar ! lol

"did I fire 5 shots or 6? well it doesn't matter, I got more than that BAM BAM BAM..." lol

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Don't confuse the two, you would not want to blind a burglar ! lol

"did I fire 5 shots or 6? well it doesn't matter, I got more than that BAM BAM BAM..." lol
    LMAO

Bought a new toy!

Sorry to offend you. It was a joke you dumb ass.

Quote Originally Posted by o3rugby1 View Post
    Sorry to offend you. It was a joke you dumb ass.
    I was joking too. LOL I know that people think my sense of humor isn't the best. Oh well...

Bought a new toy!

Outstanding.

Bought a new toy!

You won. You fooled us all.

Quote Originally Posted by mem1977 View Post
    I was joking too. LOL I know that people think my sense of humor isn't the best. Oh well...
    "A" for effort?
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

"A German sausage maker walks into a bakery and say's 'I kill you all'..." (hold for applause and laughter)
    Last edited by self preservation; 04-07-2013 at 08:20 AM.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke

n.

Quote Originally Posted by self preservation View Post
    "A German sausage maker walks into a bakery and say's 'I kill you all'..." (hold for applause and laughter)
    Eh, that is used to death. It was funny the first time I read it.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by 09jisaac View Post
    Eh, that is used to death. It was funny the first time I read it.
    That's the point. It wasn't suppose to be funny.
    Last edited by self preservation; 04-07-2013 at 10:43 AM.

n.