Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anti-gun rally in Waterford, MI

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Anti-gun rally in Waterford, MI

An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

How am I supposed to believe that sensible gun laws can be drafted by senseless people?

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Creamsicle View Post
    How am I supposed to believe that sensible gun laws can be drafted by senseless people?
    By our standards they can't. By their standards they are intellectual giants, after all they supported their Lord and King, Obama a second time around. Which also kept Joe "Illegal shotgun use" Biden in office.
    Want to keep informed of Open Carry events in your area? Go to www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

For Drama free gun rights discussion, see http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/

Hey guys!

A few of my close friends about 40 of us so far, will be having a peaceful counter rally at this event. We would love to have more support!

I am showing up and hope others from this forum do so as well. I look forward to the meeting.

Any thoughts on a meeting area. I'm going to be in the library parking lot by 11:45. I'll walk over at noon with whoever is with me.

Thoughts?

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    i'll try to attend if i'm able
    bigt, the rally isn't until 1, why so early?

eta: whoops, i misread, it starts at noon
    Last edited by smellslikemichigan; 04-05-2013 at 10:27 PM. Reason: whoops
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bigt8261 View Post
    Any thoughts on a meeting area. I'm going to be in the library parking lot by 11:45. I'll walk over at noon with whoever is with me.

Thoughts?
    If we were to park in front of the court house, we could walk to a pavilion located right by the parking lot. They have a grill and if someone brought charcoal, others could bring hamburgers, hot dogs, etc.....

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    it might be a little short notice for a picnic
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

The rally is noon to 1pm.
    The public is invited to a “Rally for Greater Gun Safety” to be held from noon to 1 p.m. Saturday at the Waterford Township Civic Center, 5200 Civic Center Drive, in Waterford.
    Last edited by bigt8261; 04-05-2013 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OneForAll View Post
    If we were to park in front of the court house, we could walk to a pavilion located right by the parking lot. They have a grill and if someone brought charcoal, others could bring hamburgers, hot dogs, etc.....
    Unfortunately I don't know which building the court house is (looking at satellite view in google), and I'm worried that there may be issues with the court house parking lot (for a non cpl holder), however nothing specific comes to mind. I just don't have the time right now to do the research.

Just pitching an idea. Non-cpl holders can carry openly in the parking lot, no one can carry in the building. That and it is on a Saturday, and the court house will be closed. The court house is the building located right off Crescent Lake Road.
    Last edited by OneForAll; 04-05-2013 at 03:36 PM.

Well I'm kinda committed to the library at this point. I'm sure I'll see you around.

Well I'm kinda committed to the library at this point. I'm sure I'll see you around.
    Library and court house are very close to each other. There are many buildings there and they are all very close. The Library parking lot is pretty small and is usually busy so the court house sounds fine!

Great to know. I will send people your way if there is an issue at the library.

Great to know. I will send people your way if there is an issue at the library.
    We need to park together and walk over to the library. There is more parking at the court house anyways. Why are you so worried about parking there?
    Last edited by OneForAll; 04-05-2013 at 04:56 PM.

Counter rally

I'm a Waterford resident as most know me im a 2nd amendment supporter LGOC , OC etc supporter There is a bldg. right on Cresent Lk Rd the parks and rec parking lot right next to the Firehouse. I planned on being there. If anyone would like to eat lunch or go have coffee afterwards at m59 and cresent we have a new LEOs coney and they said we are more than welcomed OC friendly establishment I have already talked with them. WPD told me why and the hell do they bring this crap to Waterford the anti gun people. as long as we obey the laws we are great. I said Us gun owners are the most law abiding people there. If theres a problem call them they will be right there. If anyone needs to contact me PM me and ill give you my number. Carry on

I meant an issue with space. I'm not worried about parking at the court house, I'm worried about people showing up to the library and not finding that guy that said he would be there. I put out the library location in a few places before you mentioned the court house. I have added a mention of the court house, but I don't want to leave people hanging that might not notice the change.

What time do you plan on showing up at the court house? I'll see what I can do to further point things over there.

(Edit) If I'm reasonably certain that I will not leave anyone hanging, I will see you at the court house.
    Last edited by bigt8261; 04-05-2013 at 05:04 PM.

I plan on being there at 11:45, and I guess with as many people that are planning on showing up for and against the anti-gun protest on top of people just there to use the library we would park somewhere else. I just know there is really limited parking at the library. I was simply trying to come up with a spot where we could park together.
    Last edited by OneForAll; 04-05-2013 at 05:26 PM.

Re: Anti-gun rally in Waterford, MI

What a sad place we have become (USA). When people are applauded for trying to take others rights away. Wonder if a rally to stop free speech or protection against unreasonable search & seizure would draw any concern from the sleepy US citizenry?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Let's make a new ban so we can use government guns to cause violence and other hardships on non violent gun owners!

And these statists think they are trying to prevent violence. What morons.

My job, as usual, will keep me away from this and the other things I want to do. I would be there if I could.
    Last edited by Michigander; 04-05-2013 at 08:29 PM.

On my way here in a few, I look forward to meeting those who make an appearance as well.

Short video from the rally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTIaq...ature=youtu.be

It was nice finally meeting some of you in person.

Has anything shown up on channel 4 yet? Did anyone catch the local news in that area last night?

post deleted to honor DrTodd's wish of censoring thread.
    Last edited by Michigander; 04-07-2013 at 03:44 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast