• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anti-gun rally in Waterford, MI

Ezerharden

How am I supposed to believe that sensible gun laws can be drafted by senseless people?

By our standards they can't. By their standards they are intellectual giants, after all they supported their Lord and King, Obama a second time around. Which also kept Joe "Illegal shotgun use" Biden in office.

OneForAll

I am showing up and hope others from this forum do so as well. I look forward to the meeting.

bigt8261

Any thoughts on a meeting area. I'm going to be in the library parking lot by 11:45. I'll walk over at noon with whoever is with me.

Thoughts?

OneForAll

Any thoughts on a meeting area. I'm going to be in the library parking lot by 11:45. I'll walk over at noon with whoever is with me.

Thoughts?

If we were to park in front of the court house, we could walk to a pavilion located right by the parking lot. They have a grill and if someone brought charcoal, others could bring hamburgers, hot dogs, etc.....

bigt8261

The rally is noon to 1pm.
The public is invited to a “Rally for Greater Gun Safety” to be held from noon to 1 p.m. Saturday at the Waterford Township Civic Center, 5200 Civic Center Drive, in Waterford.

Last edited:

bigt8261

If we were to park in front of the court house, we could walk to a pavilion located right by the parking lot. They have a grill and if someone brought charcoal, others could bring hamburgers, hot dogs, etc.....

Unfortunately I don't know which building the court house is (looking at satellite view in google), and I'm worried that there may be issues with the court house parking lot (for a non cpl holder), however nothing specific comes to mind. I just don't have the time right now to do the research.

OneForAll

Just pitching an idea. Non-cpl holders can carry openly in the parking lot, no one can carry in the building. That and it is on a Saturday, and the court house will be closed. The court house is the building located right off Crescent Lake Road.

Last edited:

silveradoboy

Well I'm kinda committed to the library at this point. I'm sure I'll see you around.

Library and court house are very close to each other. There are many buildings there and they are all very close. The Library parking lot is pretty small and is usually busy so the court house sounds fine!

OneForAll

Great to know. I will send people your way if there is an issue at the library.

We need to park together and walk over to the library. There is more parking at the court house anyways. Why are you so worried about parking there?

Last edited:

army74

Counter rally

I'm a Waterford resident as most know me im a 2nd amendment supporter LGOC , OC etc supporter There is a bldg. right on Cresent Lk Rd the parks and rec parking lot right next to the Firehouse. I planned on being there. If anyone would like to eat lunch or go have coffee afterwards at m59 and cresent we have a new LEOs coney and they said we are more than welcomed OC friendly establishment I have already talked with them. WPD told me why and the hell do they bring this crap to Waterford the anti gun people. as long as we obey the laws we are great. I said Us gun owners are the most law abiding people there. If theres a problem call them they will be right there. If anyone needs to contact me PM me and ill give you my number. Carry on

bigt8261

I meant an issue with space. I'm not worried about parking at the court house, I'm worried about people showing up to the library and not finding that guy that said he would be there. I put out the library location in a few places before you mentioned the court house. I have added a mention of the court house, but I don't want to leave people hanging that might not notice the change.

What time do you plan on showing up at the court house? I'll see what I can do to further point things over there.

(Edit) If I'm reasonably certain that I will not leave anyone hanging, I will see you at the court house.

Last edited:

OneForAll

I plan on being there at 11:45, and I guess with as many people that are planning on showing up for and against the anti-gun protest on top of people just there to use the library we would park somewhere else. I just know there is really limited parking at the library. I was simply trying to come up with a spot where we could park together.

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

What a sad place we have become (USA). When people are applauded for trying to take others rights away. Wonder if a rally to stop free speech or protection against unreasonable search & seizure would draw any concern from the sleepy US citizenry? :confused: