• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anti-gun rally in Waterford, MI

Michigander

Let's make a new ban so we can use government guns to cause violence and other hardships on non violent gun owners!

And these statists think they are trying to prevent violence. What morons.

My job, as usual, will keep me away from this and the other things I want to do. I would be there if I could.

Last edited:

OneForAll

On my way here in a few, I look forward to meeting those who make an appearance as well.

B

Bikenut

Ok... I can see where this is going to end up so I'll just edit my own post... But I need the mods to know this....

I personally am sick and tired of all the BS that is happening within the Michigan forum.

I'm just about done with the entire OCDO forum itself just because folks can't seem to understand that no one... and that includes myself... gets to decide and tell others how to exercise the right to keep and bear arms according to what they think is "appropriate", " reasonable", or "acceptable".

Yep, I just said that I'm about fed up with all the stupid crap that is going on in the Michigan sub forum of OCDO.

And make no mistake... I give credit where credit is due whether that credit be positive or negative. That means that if I decide the Michigan sub forum of OCDO is no longer considered of being worthy of recommending it to other folks I ... WILL ...recommend folks not frequent it.

So... mods and owners... the ball is now in your court.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
Ok... I can see where this is going to end up so I'll just edit my own post... But I need the mods to know this....

I personally am sick and tired of all the BS that is happening within the Michigan forum.

I'm just about done with the entire OCDO forum itself just because folks can't seem to understand that no one... and that includes myself... gets to decide and tell others how to exercise the right to keep and bear arms according to what they think is "appropriate", " reasonable", or "acceptable".

Yep, I just said that I'm about fed up with all the stupid crap that is going on in the Michigan sub forum of OCDO.

And make no mistake... I give credit where credit is due whether that credit be positive or negative. That means that if I decide the Michigan sub forum of OCDO is no longer considered of being worthy of recommending it to other folks I ... WILL ...recommend folks not frequent it.

So... mods and owners... the ball is now in your court.

Unfortunately, mods can't ban some folks who so richly deserve it. We're trying to stay on top of the petty squabbles as they crop up. Feel free to PM me with any suggestions.

B

Bikenut

Unfortunately, mods can't ban some folks who so richly deserve it. We're trying to stay on top of the petty squabbles as they crop up. Feel free to PM me with any suggestions.
No need for PM... I'm not shy and what I have to say about this should be said in the light of day.

This website is private property. All private property rights apply. The owner's have already instituted a list of rules that those who join/post on/in this private property have agreed to abide by simply by joining/posting.

My suggestion? It is time the owners and their representatives start applying the rules to everyone... and apply those rules in a uniform manner... and yes, that includes me when I get annoyed and start posting crap...

I don't care how it is done... what format of warnings/how many warnings/how many deleted postings/what it takes to qualify for being banned/if temporary bans are used as a "jerk on the leash"/what is necessary to earn a permanent ban... is used as long as it is used in a dispassionate manner fairly applied to all. Yes, even to me.

I also don't care how much extra work that means for the owners/mods... this is their private property/area of responsibility. Deal with it.

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
No need for PM... I'm not shy and what I have to say about this should be said in the light of day.

This website is private property. All private property rights apply. The owner's have already instituted a list of rules that those who join/post on/in this private property have agreed to abide by simply by joining/posting.

My suggestion? It is time the owners and their representatives start applying the rules to everyone... and apply those rules in a uniform manner... and yes, that includes me when I get annoyed and start posting crap...

I don't care how it is done... what format of warnings/how many warnings/how many deleted postings/what it takes to qualify for being banned/if temporary bans are used as a "jerk on the leash"/what is necessary to earn a permanent ban... is used as long as it is used in a dispassionate manner fairly applied to all. Yes, even to me.

I also don't care how much extra work that means for the owners/mods... this is their private property/area of responsibility. Deal with it.

Agreed! Doing what we can- make sure to report any posts you feel are violations.

OneForAll

There was only a 15 second video clip on the news about the rally. It was on channel 4 news at about 6:15 pm the day of the rally.

Last edited:

bigt8261

Awesome! Were they fair? Did they play any clips of me?

(Edit) Congrats to all on a successful hijack. We must continue to make the narrative of sweeping support for gun legislation a more difficult thing to perpetuate. The media will use anything they can get their hands on, and even though our efforts this past weekend were small, they were very effective.

(Second Edit) I only ask about clips because I gave an interview and I was wondering if/how bad they mashed it up.

Last edited:

OneForAll

Not sure who all was on the news, like I said very short. It was over before I got back in front of the television. My wife saw it and said they only showed the people carrying guns.

OneForAll

It has been brought to my attention that some of you in OCDO land still think I am Stainless1911. I was at this rally, and so were others who I met with and talked to including a guy from MOC. This needs to stop immediately!!! Just because I know Stainless personally does not in anyway mean I see eye to eye with him in every decision he makes! If someone feels they need proof, I will post the picture again!

And this is not off topic, because I referenced me being at the rally to end these ridiculous accusations.

Last edited:

Ezerharden

It has been brought to my attention that some of you in OCDO land still think I am Stainless1911. I was at this rally, and so were others who I met with and talked to including a guy from MOC. This needs to stop immediately!!! Just because I know Stainless personally does not in anyway mean I see eye to eye with him in every decision he makes! If someone feels they need proof, I will post the picture again!

And this is not off topic, because I referenced me being at the rally to end these ridiculous accusations.

Part of that continued belief may have been caused by the video you uploaded, under Stainless1911's youtube account, and the fact that on the video you introduce yourself to someone named Dan as Stainless.

You have to admit, that does make it sound like you are Stainless1911.

OneForAll

I did not make any statements in that video, I was the guy in the leather jacket and black baseball cap. Neil recorded that video and did all the talking. I posted the video because it was shot at the rally. Watch it again and look for me, I was towards the beginning.

bigt8261

FWIW, while I cannot vouch for the person actually posting, I can say that I had a conversation about this issue at the rally with a person matching the description above. He specifically mentioned having to post a picture to prove that he was not Stainless.