• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Official Philadelphia Gun Rights March - Saturday, May 25th, 2013

ViperGTS19801

We must make ourselves heard, and we cannot allow this sort of thing to happen:

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/politics/City-Gun-Ban-201450451.html

The 2nd Amendment to the United States Constitution states:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Article 1, § 21 to the Pennsylvania Commonwealth Constitution states:

The right of the citizens to bear arms in defence of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

And Title 18 § 6120 of the Pennsylvania Code states:

No county, municipality or township may in any manner regulate the lawful...possession...of firearms...when carried or transported for purposes not prohibited by the laws of this Commonwealth.

And yet, Philadelphia's Mayor Michael Nutter has signed into law an ordinance that SPECIFICALLY makes it a crime for people who are licensed by the State to carry firearms for self-defense to exercise their rights while in public parks.

This is unacceptable. And ILLEGAL.

We will not be made into criminals. We will not be punished for the bad acts of others who have no respect for their fellow man. And we will not tolerate being restricted from exercising our freedoms just because some Mayor thinks he is above the law!

Join me on May 25th in Philadelphia as we protest this outright violation of State law, and make ourselves heard. March with me through Philadelphia, from Love Park to the People's Plaza, and let us make sure the entire city knows that we are not going to allow our right to self-defense to be stripped away from us in a time when we need it the most!

If you are able and planning to attend, make it known by RSVPing in this thread. That way we'll know how many strong we will be! I'll create a Facebook event as well, for those who are interested. Also, if you have any way to contribute - sign making, bringing along a bullhorn, can provide snacks and refreshments while we march - let us know!

FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/events/445811052166607/