Thread: Youngstown Open Carry Walk (NEO Carry)

Youngstown Open Carry Walk (NEO Carry)

Here is all of the updated info on our open carry walk through downtown Youngstown. For more info and to stay completely up-to-date, please follow us on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...5060902?ref=hl or ckeck out the website: www.neoopencarry.org.

We will be holding a firearm carry walk through downtown Youngstown Ohio on Sunday May 5th from 12-?. The address listed is for the USA Parking System (parking lot/deck). There are 2-3 lots/decks around that area that should be free to park on weekends. We will meet in front of the USA Parking System. We will be walking on Federal Street, Federal Plaza Central, Market Street, Wick Avenue, Wood Street, and more! Handguns only, no long guns (We will be discussing allowing long guns at our next meeting and will vote on the issue. Everyone is welcome to attend and vote). Open carry is welcome and encouraged. Disclaimer: While we would love to see as many people carrying as possible, please take it upon yourself to make sure that you are obeying all laws and procedures, that you can legally be in possession of a firearm, and that any interactions with law enforcement or the public are respectful and courteous. NEO Carry does not condone violence, disrespect, or anything that could be misconstrued as disorderly conduct. You are coming to this event as an individual and NEO Carry is not responsible and can not be held accountable for any action you commit, or any action taken against you legally or civilly. While we encourage you to flex your rights, please use your best discretion as to what to do and not do. What to Bring: Your firearm, a holster (open or concealed), a friend or friends! We will provide fliers to pass out. Hope to see everyone there!
    “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” - Thomas Jefferson

Banned
    That is the week before my son's wedding, so I have put in for leave during that week. If approved (it should be), I'll be there. My son may be a bit busy, so I can't speak for him, but I will pass along the invite.

Huber Heights has proven unfriendly from time to time. We will be looking to set up an event there some time in the near future. I hope many of the same folks will participate in that one too.

I love my new home State.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    That is the week before my son's wedding, so I have put in for leave during that week. If approved (it should be), I'll be there. My son may be a bit busy, so I can't speak for him, but I will pass along the invite.

Huber Heights has proven unfriendly from time to time. We will be looking to set up an event there some time in the near future. I hope many of the same folks will participate in that one too.

I love my new home State.
    I understand the cops in Riverside love to come out and greet open carriers.

Mill Creek Park is probably the biggest in the Youngstown area? I think it branches from the Youngstown area (I-680) to US 224.

Banned
    A thicker belt (both directions) will make carry more secure and more comfortable.