• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Youngstown Open Carry Walk (NEO Carry)

NEOOpenCarry

Here is all of the updated info on our open carry walk through downtown Youngstown. For more info and to stay completely up-to-date, please follow us on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Northeast-Ohio-Carry/116868475060902?ref=hl or ckeck out the website: www.neoopencarry.org.

We will be holding a firearm carry walk through downtown Youngstown Ohio on Sunday May 5th from 12-?. The address listed is for the USA Parking System (parking lot/deck). There are 2-3 lots/decks around that area that should be free to park on weekends. We will meet in front of the USA Parking System. We will be walking on Federal Street, Federal Plaza Central, Market Street, Wick Avenue, Wood Street, and more! Handguns only, no long guns (We will be discussing allowing long guns at our next meeting and will vote on the issue. Everyone is welcome to attend and vote). Open carry is welcome and encouraged. Disclaimer: While we would love to see as many people carrying as possible, please take it upon yourself to make sure that you are obeying all laws and procedures, that you can legally be in possession of a firearm, and that any interactions with law enforcement or the public are respectful and courteous. NEO Carry does not condone violence, disrespect, or anything that could be misconstrued as disorderly conduct. You are coming to this event as an individual and NEO Carry is not responsible and can not be held accountable for any action you commit, or any action taken against you legally or civilly. While we encourage you to flex your rights, please use your best discretion as to what to do and not do. What to Bring: Your firearm, a holster (open or concealed), a friend or friends! We will provide fliers to pass out. Hope to see everyone there!

eye95

That is the week before my son's wedding, so I have put in for leave during that week. If approved (it should be), I'll be there. My son may be a bit busy, so I can't speak for him, but I will pass along the invite.

Huber Heights has proven unfriendly from time to time. We will be looking to set up an event there some time in the near future. I hope many of the same folks will participate in that one too.

I love my new home State.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
That is the week before my son's wedding, so I have put in for leave during that week. If approved (it should be), I'll be there. My son may be a bit busy, so I can't speak for him, but I will pass along the invite.

Huber Heights has proven unfriendly from time to time. We will be looking to set up an event there some time in the near future. I hope many of the same folks will participate in that one too.

I love my new home State.

I understand the cops in Riverside love to come out and greet open carriers. :eek:

joanie

I bought a cheap holster for a 1911 that seems to work suprizingly well. Wore it around the house and yard doing alittle spring cleaning. Just on a thin belt wrapped around, not in the pants loops. Thinking about a yard sale to get rid of some things that are in the way, and OCing next week just to get more used to it. Today, just going about my bussiness, I kinda forgot it was there, though I did have to adjust it a couple of times. Tomorrow, I'll try in in the loops, and maybe a thicker belt. And I'll have to do something with my sweater to keep from concealing it.

Theres a nice looking park on the map just south of Youngstown. (Mill Creek) I think. and they have good reviews.

Green Machine

Mill Creek Park is probably the biggest in the Youngstown area? I think it branches from the Youngstown area (I-680) to US 224.