Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OCers in action

OCers in action

Saw this on Facebook... Good work!

Last edited by mspgunner; 04-05-2013 at 09:10 PM.
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

Quote Originally Posted by mspgunner View Post
    Saw this on Facebook... Good work!

more than willing to donate my time in florrisant/hazelwood area
    Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.

Quote Originally Posted by kylemoul View Post
    more than willing to donate my time in florrisant/hazelwood area
    With th enumbers of OCers in the STL area this is a can do! Some one would need to go to MODOT and do the leg work.
    Go for it if you are willing. Again, a few of us talked about it but no one would step up. You'll have to do it all....
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!

I emailed MoDot over the weekend and the lady in charge of the Adopt appears to be on vacation until the 15th. I'll wait to hear back.

It looks like they provide all the materials. I will have more info when I get a response from them!

I emailed MoDot over the weekend and the lady in charge of the Adopt appears to be on vacation until the 15th. I'll wait to hear back.

It looks like they provide all the materials. I will have more info when I get a response from them!
    Very cool, thanks for taking the lead on this!

Very cool, thanks for taking the lead on this!
    Figures the Adopt lady comes back from vacation just as turkey season starts...

I'm sure she will respond during the week. Will keep y'all posted. Just curious how many others would join me.

Roads available for adoption. Please give some input/vote on a few choices. We should openly agree on a location that is best for all of us. I voted myself on 3 locations.
    If everyone can vote and decide on a location(s) we can get this rolling.

MO 21 (Tesson Ferry Road) -
    MO 30 (Gravois Road) -
    MO 100 (Manchester Road) (Adoptions only between the Franklin County Line east to Ruck/Strecker Rd) -
    MO 109 -
    MO 115 (Natural Bridge Road) -
    MO 141 -
    MO 180 (St. Charles Rock Road) - x
    MO 267 (Lemay Ferry Road) -
    MO 231 (Telegraph Road) -
    MO 340 (Olive / Clarkson) -
    MO 364 -
    MO 366 (Watson Road) -
    MO 367 (Lewis and Clark Blvd) -
    MO 370 - x

Route AB (Ladue Road) Between MO 141 and I-270 -
    Route AC (New Halls Ferry Road) -
    Route B (Natural Bridge Road) -
    Route BA (Babler Park Drive) -
    Route CC (Wildhorse Creek Road) -
    Route D (Page) -
    Route EE (Woodson Road) -
    Route F (in the Pacific, MO area) -
    Route JJ (Ballas Road) (Between Conway and Country Aire) -
    Route N (Florissant Road) - x
    Route P (Mackenzie Road) -
    Route T (St. Albans Road) -
    Route U (Lucas and Hunt Road)-

US 61 - 67 (Lindbergh Blvd) -

I think it would be a good thing to do this where OC is legal. That leaves a few of the places here in Wildwood and Chesterfield OUT!

CREVE COEUR/LADUE ARE HALF WAY POINTS BETWWEN NORTH AND SOUTH COUNTY AND NOT TOO FAR FOR ST. CHARLES PEOPLE TOO!

Examples:
    MO 100 (Manchester Road) (Adoptions only between the Franklin County Line east to Ruck/Strecker Rd) NOT LEGAL
    MO 340 (Olive / Clarkson) - Not legal in Chesterfield. Olive in Creve Coeur would be OK
    Route BA (Babler Park Drive) - Wildwood - NOT legal)
    Route CC (Wildhorse Creek Road) - wILDWOOD OR cHESTERFIELD, not LEGAL
    Route D (Page) - Maryland Heights/Overland - NO GO!
    Route T (St. Albans Road) - WILDWOOD - NOT LEGAL

MY CHOICES - MO 109 - Eureka is good! (MY VOTE) Not Wildwood!
    Route AB (Ladue Road) Between MO 141 and I-270 - IF IN CERVE COEUR LEGAL - My vote
    Route F (in the Pacific, MO area) - LEGAL AND GOOD FOR ME
    Route JJ (Ballas Road) (Between Conway and Country Aire) - PROBABLY CREVE COEUR, NOT SURE
    I'd volunteer happily, but I'm not happy about driving up to North County. You'll find we have a lot of people who won't do the drive either North or South.
    I'd probably be there anyway, but it has to be an OC friendly City or NO GO, what would be the point?

I'll look for others to make their cases...

Roads available for adoption. Please give some input/vote on a few choices. We should openly agree on a location that is best for all of us. I voted myself on 3 locations.
    If everyone can vote and decide on a location(s) we can get this rolling.

MO 21 (Tesson Ferry Road) -
    MO 30 (Gravois Road) -
    MO 100 (Manchester Road) (Adoptions only between the Franklin County Line east to Ruck/Strecker Rd) -
    MO 109 -
    MO 115 (Natural Bridge Road) -
    MO 141 -
    MO 180 (St. Charles Rock Road) - x
    MO 267 (Lemay Ferry Road) -
    MO 231 (Telegraph Road) -
    MO 340 (Olive / Clarkson) -
    MO 364 -
    MO 366 (Watson Road) -
    MO 367 (Lewis and Clark Blvd) -
    MO 370 - x

Route AB (Ladue Road) Between MO 141 and I-270 -
    Route AC (New Halls Ferry Road) -
    Route B (Natural Bridge Road) -
    Route BA (Babler Park Drive) -
    Route CC (Wildhorse Creek Road) -
    Route D (Page) -
    Route EE (Woodson Road) -
    Route F (in the Pacific, MO area) -
    Route JJ (Ballas Road) (Between Conway and Country Aire) -
    Route N (Florissant Road) - x
    Route P (Mackenzie Road) -
    Route T (St. Albans Road) -
    Route U (Lucas and Hunt Road)-

US 61 - 67 (Lindbergh Blvd) -
    Last edited by mspgunner; 04-10-2013 at 02:56 PM.

I think it would be a good thing to do this where OC is legal. That leaves a few of the places here in Wildwood and Chesterfield OUT!

CREVE COEUR/LADUE ARE HALF WAY POINTS BETWWEN NORTH AND SOUTH COUNTY AND NOT TOO FAR FOR ST. CHARLES PEOPLE TOO!

Examples:
    MO 100 (Manchester Road) (Adoptions only between the Franklin County Line east to Ruck/Strecker Rd) NOT LEGAL
    MO 340 (Olive / Clarkson) - Not legal in Chesterfield. Olive in Creve Coeur would be OK
    Route BA (Babler Park Drive) - Wildwood - NOT legal)
    Route CC (Wildhorse Creek Road) - wILDWOOD OR cHESTERFIELD, not LEGAL
    Route D (Page) - Maryland Heights/Overland - NO GO!
    Route T (St. Albans Road) - WILDWOOD - NOT LEGAL

MY CHOICES - MO 109 - Eureka is good! (MY VOTE) Not Wildwood!
    Route AB (Ladue Road) Between MO 141 and I-270 - IF IN CERVE COEUR LEGAL - My vote
    Route F (in the Pacific, MO area) - LEGAL AND GOOD FOR ME
    Route JJ (Ballas Road) (Between Conway and Country Aire) - PROBABLY CREVE COEUR, NOT SURE
    I'd volunteer happily, but I'm not happy about driving up to North County. You'll find we have a lot of people who won't do the drive either North or South.
    I'd probably be there anyway, but it has to be an OC friendly City or NO GO, what would be the point?

I'll look for others to make their cases...
    thanks, the OC was kind of implied but i should of said so.

i think a central area would be the best. lets focus on that. i will email her and see if she can narrow down the list for creve coeur and ladue

thanks, the OC was kind of implied but i should of said so.

i think a central area would be the best. lets focus on that. i will email her and see if she can narrow down the list for creve coeur and ladue
    Sounds like a plan. It would also give us a lot of visablility in west St. Louis Co. I know this will take a while to get rolling, and that's OK!

nobody else chimed in on this post...i guess only 2 people can pick up trash. lol.

nobody else chimed in on this post...i guess only 2 people can pick up trash. lol.
    I know how to pick up trash.....but kinda far from KCMO.....
    Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Psalm 144:2 My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. Pro 14:15 The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

mid St. Louis county is a bit of a drive for me. can we do it in Ste. Genevieve or St. Francois counties?

but seriously, something tells me that the pick up fun will be on the weekend and that doesn't fit with work for me. or i guess i could roll solo on a Monday.
    I'm the one who's gotta die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.
    Jimi Hendrix

NRA Benefactor Member & 03 FFL

Quote Originally Posted by Broondog View Post
    mid St. Louis county is a bit of a drive for me. can we do it in Ste. Genevieve or St. Francois counties?

but seriously, something tells me that the pick up fun will be on the weekend and that doesn't fit with work for me. or i guess i could roll solo on a Monday.
    you may be a taaaad far south from us county folk

I have to call Monday to inquire about 4 or 5 locations. She apparently took tomorrow off.

Anywhere in creve couer and I am in... but I had no idea OC is legal in creve couer...

It is but you must have a CCW permit from the state or from another state that Missouri recognizes.

A. A person commits the offense of unlawful use of weapons if he/she knowingly:
    6. Openly carries a firearm or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use within the City limits;

Subparagraphs (1), (6) and (7) of Subsection (A) of this Section shall not apply to any person who has a valid concealed carry endorsement issued pursuant to Sections 571.101 to 571.121, RSMo., or a valid permit or endorsement to carry concealed firearms issued by another State or political subdivision of another State.

I can help. Just tell me When and Where.

edit-she responded to my email this evening. said she will contact me when she has the opportunity since she has to address the requests in the order she gets them (even though she tol me to call her monday...)
    but o well

I have yet to hear back from this lady...I was told to call her Monday which I did. left her a voicemail. have not heard back since. have emailed her since with no response. will keep yall updated.
    Last edited by kylemoul; 04-17-2013 at 09:52 PM.

She is checking with the maintenance super for a go-ahead.

I am looking at the intersection of Ladue and Royal Gate Drive. The cleanup would go westward, but it should not go past the county line into Town and Country.

You can go here http://maps.stlouisco.com/propertyview/ and view the property lines.

I will hear back Monday and go from there. This would be a 3 year contract so ya'll better show up!

She is checking with the maintenance super for a go-ahead.

I am looking at the intersection of Ladue and Royal Gate Drive. The cleanup would go westward, but it should not go past the county line into Town and Country.

You can go here http://maps.stlouisco.com/propertyview/ and view the property lines.

I will hear back Monday and go from there. This would be a 3 year contract so ya'll better show up!
    I've glaired over the map, can't see Royal Gate. Can you give us a better idea where Royal gate is in reference to a bigger street?
    How long of span would clean up entail/wher would it end?

If you get the go ahead we'll get people via the Facebook/OC site. They better show up, we have more than one way of getting OCers to cooperate!!!!

Looks good to me, hope we are in the trash soon! This should be interesting! I'm in!

Will update. I should know more in a few days.

Will update. I should know more in a few days.
    I'll PM you my email address... It wil save time,labor

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast