• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCers in action

mspgunner

She is checking with the maintenance super for a go-ahead.

I am looking at the intersection of Ladue and Royal Gate Drive. The cleanup would go westward, but it should not go past the county line into Town and Country.

You can go here http://maps.stlouisco.com/propertyview/ and view the property lines.

I will hear back Monday and go from there. This would be a 3 year contract so ya'll better show up!

I've glaired over the map, can't see Royal Gate. Can you give us a better idea where Royal gate is in reference to a bigger street?
How long of span would clean up entail/wher would it end?

If you get the go ahead we'll get people via the Facebook/OC site. They better show up, we have more than one way of getting OCers to cooperate!!!!

mspgunner

Looks good to me, hope we are in the trash soon! This should be interesting! I'm in!

Superlite27

Count me in!

BTW: I have several questions, as I've never paticipated in an adopt a highway program.

1) Do we do this as a group, or do we simply take our own initiative to go pick up trash?

2) I assume we get a cool sign put up on both ends of our highway, courtesy of MoDot?

3) What name is being put on the sign?

4) Is there an input process, are suggestions applicable, or has there already been a name provided?

mspgunner

i guess we all wil have questions, we'll just have to wait for the approval and see what comes up...

Count me in!

BTW: I have several questions, as I've never paticipated in an adopt a highway program.

1) Do we do this as a group, or do we simply take our own initiative to go pick up trash?

2) I assume we get a cool sign put up on both ends of our highway, courtesy of MoDot?

3) What name is being put on the sign?

4) Is there an input process, are suggestions applicable, or has there already been a name provided?

kylemoul

She has been busy and they had paperwork mixup from another group adopting along that road. She emailed me back yesterday. i just got back a few hours ago from turkey hunting and trout fishing. nearest reception was 30 minutes away :)

Ill email you and keep everyone else posted.

kylemoul

Does anyone have any ideas on the group name? this would be what is displayed on the sign.

East Central Open Carry?

St Louis OC?

Superlite27

It's a fairly hard area to describe as far as region...."Eastern Missouri Open Carry" but that's a pretty large area, and it's not really accurate since it's not exactly a highway in eastern Missouri. Canton is in "Eastern Missouri". Hannibal is in "Eastern Missouri" and none of the stretches of road listed are even close to these places. So, I hardly think it's honest or accurate to claim the entire Eastern side of the state. "East Central Missouri"....er...."Central Eastern"......er...................

...nope. Doesn't have the right "ring" to it, rather confusing, and not really accurate since it's pretty much in St. Louis.......

Since the the roads listed are in the St. Louis area......and the people who will be participating are pretty much from the St. Louis area........(unless we get a volunteer or two who wants to drive 100 miles just to pick up trash. I'll be about 40 miles, but I still consider myself in the St. Louis area.)

......How about "St. Louis Area Open Carry"?

.....or "St. Louis Area Open Carriers"?

Just my 2 cents. I'll go with what everyone else thinks, though.

kylemoul

Hello all. just an update. they have approved us and we can start as soon as they have our sign installed. I have to pick up equipment from MODOT for us to use and also review a few things on my end.

I will update you all again next week.

mspgunner

Hello all. just an update. they have approved us and we can start as soon as they have our sign installed. I have to pick up equipment from MODOT for us to use and also review a few things on my end.

I will update you all again next week.

Very good, trash rocks!
Let us know, this should be good.
Also there are OC/MO sites on Facebook, when details are available I'll post it there also.

kylemoul

Once they install the sign we will be good to go. I was not told an ETA on that but I will email my contact.

havegunwilltravel

open carry little pick up. sat 6/22 at high noon

Hello Friends of Freedom, Our fledglinggroup is having there first open carry litter pick up. Would likethose who would enjoy open carrying while preforming a publicservice. If interested please join our facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/NWMOC for more information. Feel free to in box me if additional info isneeded.