• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCers in action

mspgunner

Saw this on Facebook... Good work!

NWMOOC_zpse1a02f8f.jpg

Last edited:

mspgunner

more than willing to donate my time in florrisant/hazelwood area

With th enumbers of OCers in the STL area this is a can do! Some one would need to go to MODOT and do the leg work.
Go for it if you are willing. Again, a few of us talked about it but no one would step up. You'll have to do it all....

kylemoul

I emailed MoDot over the weekend and the lady in charge of the Adopt appears to be on vacation until the 15th. I'll wait to hear back.

It looks like they provide all the materials. I will have more info when I get a response from them!

mspgunner

I emailed MoDot over the weekend and the lady in charge of the Adopt appears to be on vacation until the 15th. I'll wait to hear back.

It looks like they provide all the materials. I will have more info when I get a response from them!

Very cool, thanks for taking the lead on this!

kylemoul

Very cool, thanks for taking the lead on this!

Figures the Adopt lady comes back from vacation just as turkey season starts...

I'm sure she will respond during the week. Will keep y'all posted. Just curious how many others would join me.

kylemoul

Roads available for adoption. Please give some input/vote on a few choices. We should openly agree on a location that is best for all of us. I voted myself on 3 locations.
If everyone can vote and decide on a location(s) we can get this rolling.

MO 21 (Tesson Ferry Road) -
MO 30 (Gravois Road) -
MO 100 (Manchester Road) (Adoptions only between the Franklin County Line east to Ruck/Strecker Rd) -
MO 109 -
MO 115 (Natural Bridge Road) -
MO 141 -
MO 180 (St. Charles Rock Road) - x
MO 267 (Lemay Ferry Road) -
MO 231 (Telegraph Road) -
MO 340 (Olive / Clarkson) -
MO 364 -
MO 366 (Watson Road) -
MO 367 (Lewis and Clark Blvd) -
MO 370 - x

Route AB (Ladue Road) Between MO 141 and I-270 -
Route AC (New Halls Ferry Road) -
Route B (Natural Bridge Road) -
Route BA (Babler Park Drive) -
Route CC (Wildhorse Creek Road) -
Route D (Page) -
Route EE (Woodson Road) -
Route F (in the Pacific, MO area) -
Route JJ (Ballas Road) (Between Conway and Country Aire) -
Route N (Florissant Road) - x
Route P (Mackenzie Road) -
Route T (St. Albans Road) -
Route U (Lucas and Hunt Road)-

US 61 - 67 (Lindbergh Blvd) -

mspgunner

I think it would be a good thing to do this where OC is legal. That leaves a few of the places here in Wildwood and Chesterfield OUT!

CREVE COEUR/LADUE ARE HALF WAY POINTS BETWWEN NORTH AND SOUTH COUNTY AND NOT TOO FAR FOR ST. CHARLES PEOPLE TOO!

Examples:
MO 100 (Manchester Road) (Adoptions only between the Franklin County Line east to Ruck/Strecker Rd) NOT LEGAL
MO 340 (Olive / Clarkson) - Not legal in Chesterfield. Olive in Creve Coeur would be OK
Route BA (Babler Park Drive) - Wildwood - NOT legal)
Route CC (Wildhorse Creek Road) - wILDWOOD OR cHESTERFIELD, not LEGAL
Route D (Page) - Maryland Heights/Overland - NO GO!
Route T (St. Albans Road) - WILDWOOD - NOT LEGAL

MY CHOICES - MO 109 - Eureka is good! (MY VOTE) Not Wildwood!
Route AB (Ladue Road) Between MO 141 and I-270 - IF IN CERVE COEUR LEGAL - My vote
Route F (in the Pacific, MO area) - LEGAL AND GOOD FOR ME
Route JJ (Ballas Road) (Between Conway and Country Aire) - PROBABLY CREVE COEUR, NOT SURE
I'd volunteer happily, but I'm not happy about driving up to North County. You'll find we have a lot of people who won't do the drive either North or South.
I'd probably be there anyway, but it has to be an OC friendly City or NO GO, what would be the point?

I'll look for others to make their cases...

Roads available for adoption. Please give some input/vote on a few choices. We should openly agree on a location that is best for all of us. I voted myself on 3 locations.
If everyone can vote and decide on a location(s) we can get this rolling.

MO 21 (Tesson Ferry Road) -
MO 30 (Gravois Road) -
MO 100 (Manchester Road) (Adoptions only between the Franklin County Line east to Ruck/Strecker Rd) -
MO 109 -
MO 115 (Natural Bridge Road) -
MO 141 -
MO 180 (St. Charles Rock Road) - x
MO 267 (Lemay Ferry Road) -
MO 231 (Telegraph Road) -
MO 340 (Olive / Clarkson) -
MO 364 -
MO 366 (Watson Road) -
MO 367 (Lewis and Clark Blvd) -
MO 370 - x

Route AB (Ladue Road) Between MO 141 and I-270 -
Route AC (New Halls Ferry Road) -
Route B (Natural Bridge Road) -
Route BA (Babler Park Drive) -
Route CC (Wildhorse Creek Road) -
Route D (Page) -
Route EE (Woodson Road) -
Route F (in the Pacific, MO area) -
Route JJ (Ballas Road) (Between Conway and Country Aire) -
Route N (Florissant Road) - x
Route P (Mackenzie Road) -
Route T (St. Albans Road) -
Route U (Lucas and Hunt Road)-

US 61 - 67 (Lindbergh Blvd) -

Last edited:

kylemoul

I think it would be a good thing to do this where OC is legal. That leaves a few of the places here in Wildwood and Chesterfield OUT!

CREVE COEUR/LADUE ARE HALF WAY POINTS BETWWEN NORTH AND SOUTH COUNTY AND NOT TOO FAR FOR ST. CHARLES PEOPLE TOO!

Examples:
MO 100 (Manchester Road) (Adoptions only between the Franklin County Line east to Ruck/Strecker Rd) NOT LEGAL
MO 340 (Olive / Clarkson) - Not legal in Chesterfield. Olive in Creve Coeur would be OK
Route BA (Babler Park Drive) - Wildwood - NOT legal)
Route CC (Wildhorse Creek Road) - wILDWOOD OR cHESTERFIELD, not LEGAL
Route D (Page) - Maryland Heights/Overland - NO GO!
Route T (St. Albans Road) - WILDWOOD - NOT LEGAL

MY CHOICES - MO 109 - Eureka is good! (MY VOTE) Not Wildwood!
Route AB (Ladue Road) Between MO 141 and I-270 - IF IN CERVE COEUR LEGAL - My vote
Route F (in the Pacific, MO area) - LEGAL AND GOOD FOR ME
Route JJ (Ballas Road) (Between Conway and Country Aire) - PROBABLY CREVE COEUR, NOT SURE
I'd volunteer happily, but I'm not happy about driving up to North County. You'll find we have a lot of people who won't do the drive either North or South.
I'd probably be there anyway, but it has to be an OC friendly City or NO GO, what would be the point?

I'll look for others to make their cases...

thanks, the OC was kind of implied but i should of said so.

i think a central area would be the best. lets focus on that. i will email her and see if she can narrow down the list for creve coeur and ladue

mspgunner

thanks, the OC was kind of implied but i should of said so.

i think a central area would be the best. lets focus on that. i will email her and see if she can narrow down the list for creve coeur and ladue

Sounds like a plan. It would also give us a lot of visablility in west St. Louis Co. I know this will take a while to get rolling, and that's OK!

Broondog

mid St. Louis county is a bit of a drive for me. can we do it in Ste. Genevieve or St. Francois counties? :lol:

but seriously, something tells me that the pick up fun will be on the weekend and that doesn't fit with work for me. or i guess i could roll solo on a Monday.

kylemoul

mid St. Louis county is a bit of a drive for me. can we do it in Ste. Genevieve or St. Francois counties? :lol:

but seriously, something tells me that the pick up fun will be on the weekend and that doesn't fit with work for me. or i guess i could roll solo on a Monday.

you may be a taaaad far south from us county folk

kylemoul

It is but you must have a CCW permit from the state or from another state that Missouri recognizes.

A. A person commits the offense of unlawful use of weapons if he/she knowingly:
6. Openly carries a firearm or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use within the City limits;

Subparagraphs (1), (6) and (7) of Subsection (A) of this Section shall not apply to any person who has a valid concealed carry endorsement issued pursuant to Sections 571.101 to 571.121, RSMo., or a valid permit or endorsement to carry concealed firearms issued by another State or political subdivision of another State.

kylemoul

edit-she responded to my email this evening. said she will contact me when she has the opportunity since she has to address the requests in the order she gets them (even though she tol me to call her monday...)
but o well

I have yet to hear back from this lady...I was told to call her Monday which I did. left her a voicemail. have not heard back since. have emailed her since with no response. will keep yall updated.

Last edited:

kylemoul

She is checking with the maintenance super for a go-ahead.

I am looking at the intersection of Ladue and Royal Gate Drive. The cleanup would go westward, but it should not go past the county line into Town and Country.

You can go here http://maps.stlouisco.com/propertyview/ and view the property lines.

I will hear back Monday and go from there. This would be a 3 year contract so ya'll better show up!