• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCers in action

mspgunner

well it is the state. nothing is really quick with them. i am thinking sept 1st we can go out again. i am sure there will not be much trash but we can if you all want. maybe find more golf balls and condoms.

YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS...
I just can't do it. I'm closing ona house , we are moving Friday the 30th of August! I have 3 days to move the "STUFF" (I think you gat my drift) the mover is not going to put into his truck.
I'm not moving far, just a different City in STL CO. I can't lose the day, too much to do.... Sorry. Dang I'm wimping out again...

Last edited:

kylemoul

I have not been around Ladue lately. We will see if the signs are up. I was thinking of going either Sat or Sun (Aug 31/Sept 1st).

I don't think there will be much trash but for whoever wants to get out.

I have been pondering the idea of maybe setting up another 1/2 road. But not sure yet.

mspgunner

I have not been around Ladue lately. We will see if the signs are up. I was thinking of going either Sat or Sun (Aug 31/Sept 1st).

I don't think there will be much trash but for whoever wants to get out.

I have been pondering the idea of maybe setting up another 1/2 road. But not sure yet.

I am moving that weekend.... No go here...... I wil be headed down Ladue Rd. either Friday the 16th or Monday 19th. I'll look for the sign and report back.

Superlite27

SIGNS ARE UP!

I "vested" up and toted a trash bag up and down the street picking up the obvious litter. (If we're going to represent, having our adopted street filled with trash is a poor way to go about doing it.)
I received several honks and waves.....and one motorcyclist who pulled over and asked me "what's the deal?".....so I referred him to OCDO.

BTW: Is there another photo hosting site someone can recommend besides Photobucket? I keep trying to upload photos to post here, but Photobucket is being a **** and NOT uploading photos. I keep hitting upload, going through the process, and everything is peaches......except the photos I just uploaded aren't in my library. O.K., Photobucket. Be a bitch. I'll just go elsewhere.

Any recommendations?

kylemoul

SIGNS ARE UP!

I "vested" up and toted a trash bag up and down the street picking up the obvious litter. (If we're going to represent, having our adopted street filled with trash is a poor way to go about doing it.)
I received several honks and waves.....and one motorcyclist who pulled over and asked me "what's the deal?".....so I referred him to OCDO.

BTW: Is there another photo hosting site someone can recommend besides Photobucket? I keep trying to upload photos to post here, but Photobucket is being a **** and NOT uploading photos. I keep hitting upload, going through the process, and everything is peaches......except the photos I just uploaded aren't in my library. O.K., Photobucket. Be a bitch. I'll just go elsewhere.

Any recommendations?

did you already clean up trash? We were going to go out Sept 1st but i was going to postpone it because it is 100 degrees out.

Superlite27

did you already clean up trash? We were going to go out Sept 1st but i was going to postpone it because it is 100 degrees out.

Yes. I completely filled one trash bag, and that was about all the trash there was. They put the signs in the right spots. The paint on the south side of the road on the eastern end of our section was for the group that adopted the section east of our portion. The Society of Christian Optometrists, or some such.

Our section was a wise choice by whoever made the decision. High visibility/lots of traffic, populated by folks who seem to take pride in their landscaping, and OC friendly laws.

I'm sure the trash cleanup is appreciated by the residents of that area, and there's no doubt they know who's doing it. The motorcyclist explained that he saw the sign, and pulled over to find out what the deal was.

The only problem I see (other than the lack of a sidewalk on the north side of the street) is that I know there are probably tons of folks wondering "Who the heck is "St. Louis Area Open Carry?" and Googling it.

We need to take advantage of the public's interest and form an actual 501c(3) that has the goal of supporting 2A interests and educating people in the local area about OC.

.....and yes, I did sweat my can off.

Last edited:

mspgunner

Yes. I completely filled one trash bag, and that was about all the trash there was. They put the signs in the right spots. The paint on the south side of the road on the eastern end of our section was for the group that adopted the section east of our portion. The Society of Christian Optometrists, or some such.

Our section was a wise choice by whoever made the decision. High visibility/lots of traffic, populated by folks who seem to take pride in their landscaping, and OC friendly laws.

I'm sure the trash cleanup is appreciated by the residents of that area, and there's no doubt they know who's doing it. The motorcyclist explained that he saw the sign, and pulled over to find out what the deal was.

The only problem I see (other than the lack of a sidewalk on the north side of the street) is that I know there are probably tons of folks wondering "Who the heck is "St. Louis Area Open Carry?" and Googling it.

We need to take advantage of the public's interest and form an actual 501c(3) that has the goal of supporting 2A interests and educating people in the local area about OC.

I'm moving Sept. 4th to Ellisville. After I get settled I'll be available. I gotta do this with you!

And,... I've got to get a picture of the sign!

Last edited:

kylemoul

Well thanks for picking it up. It does not seem too dirty out there. I will be more than happy to give someone a few MODOT trashbags. Also if anyone wants to go on their own AND wants to park in the VA lot let me know first as I have to notify them we will be parking, but if you want to park on the shoulder or sidestreet go right ahead.
We will have to go late Oct or early November for a photo op.

Also I need to report this to MODOT so i need to know how many people were there and how many bags were used and how long you spent please. I know I heard one person yell out thanks when we went last for picking up trash.
I think i am going to adopt another stretch soon, and I chose that one mainly based on its location.

I have no idea what a 501c(3) is but if you can point me in the right direction that would be good to see what its about.

mspgunner

Well thanks for picking it up. It does not seem too dirty out there. I will be more than happy to give someone a few MODOT trashbags. Also if anyone wants to go on their own AND wants to park in the VA lot let me know first as I have to notify them we will be parking, but if you want to park on the shoulder or sidestreet go right ahead.
We will have to go late Oct or early November for a photo op.

Also I need to report this to MODOT so i need to know how many people were there and how many bags were used and how long you spent please. I know I heard one person yell out thanks when we went last for picking up trash.
I think i am going to adopt another stretch soon, and I chose that one mainly based on its location.

I have no idea what a 501c(3) is but if you can point me in the right direction that would be good to see what its about.

We've looked at a not for profit status like 501 programs for OC Missouri. LMTD did some research... It's expensive to start up. We decided no.

mspgunner

Bump.

Any plans for an upcoming trash run?

Good queston. I've missed the last two and feel real bad about it. I haven't even had a chance to swing by there and take a picture of the sign, bummer...
I'l try to do that and post it here. I am so fricken busy with 2A/OC rights my Saturdays are booked all the way to geer seaon in November, Sudays are free for the part.
I have niece getting married openning day of deer season. I asked "why that day?" "It was the only day they could geta hall. Well DUH, it's openning day of deer season in Missouri!
Unfortunately I'llmiss my niece's wedding. I have my priorites! I'll be up a tree with my .357 openly displaying it for any deer that happens to walk near...

Carry often, carry openly, apply only as appropriate within the law and hunting regulations!

mspgunner

Good queston. I've missed the last two and feel real bad about it. I haven't even had a chance to swing by there and take a picture of the sign, bummer...
I'l try to do that and post it here. I am so fricken busy with 2A/OC rights my Saturdays are booked all the way to geer seaon in November, Sudays are free for the part.
I have niece getting married openning day of deer season. I asked "why that day?" "It was the only day they could geta hall. Well DUH, it's openning day of deer season in Missouri!
Unfortunately I'llmiss my niece's wedding. I have my priorites! I'll be up a tree with my .357 openly displaying it for any deer that happens to walk near...

Carry often, carry openly, apply only as appropriate within the law and hunting regulations!

I am free Sat. Oct 5th and many Sundays if you want to do a trash day! Hopefully our trash super - coordinator will pick up on this... Sorry a little humor.....
I would sur elike to see the drivers and neighbors reaction to the OC pickup!
You guys ahve done very well with this, time for ME to buck up!

kylemoul

Lol no harm taken.

We can sure go the 5th. I am not sure how much trash there will be, I think someone just went a month or so ago.

But we can say what around 11?

Whoever shows, you can park on the shoulder, or in the Lodge's lot at the very end by the exit.

mspgunner

Lol no harm taken.

We can sure go the 5th. I am not sure how much trash there will be, I think someone just went a month or so ago.

But we can say what around 11?

Whoever shows, you can park on the shoulder, or in the Lodge's lot at the very end by the exit.

I'll be there. I have no idea where the Lodge is? Is there an address? I'll be in the neighborhood Thursday morning and look for it...

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Cant make saturday and I seem to have missed them alll

Logan 5

Hey guys, I think it's truly admirable that you're willing to adopt a highway. All I can ask is don't do it just once every few months. The impression people get when they see a sign saying "this group adopted this stretch of highway", and then see all the litter, it's disgusting and gives me and others a poor view of the group.

So keep up the good work and take good care of the highway!