Thread: Two OC events in Louisville

Two OC events in Louisville

I'd like to invite KY OCers to a couple of OC outings in Louisville.

The first is Sunday April 21st at the Louisville Zoo. LG&E is sponsoring Earth Day at the Zoo that day and admission is only $2 per person with no parking fee. Let's take advantage of KRS 65.870 and exercise our rights while we enjoy a nice day out with our families. If possible let's try to meet somewhere and drive over to the Zoo together.

I suggest the Kroger on Poplar Level Rd. I'll be there at 1PM and leave for the Zoo promptly at 1:15. Look for a white Chevy Venture minivan parked directly behind the Kroger gas station. Once we're at the Zoo we can walk around together or head off in different directions but I'd like to gather beforehand so everyone has a chance to meet one another. PM me if you plan to attend.

The second event is Saturday April 27th at 5:30PM. A few of us from the AR15.com KY subforum are meeting for supper at the Beef O'Brady's on Central Ave. across from Papa John's Cardinal Stadium. We've eaten there before and the restaurant is OC friendly. I'm gatherup some door prizes for this so come network with fellow gun owners. Again, PM me if you're coming to this.

Taking my cue from liberty4ever's excellent work in Lexington, I'd like to see the Louisville OC community become more active together.

I think I may be able to attend the zoo day on the 21st. That weekend is also when the gun show is in town.

Why do you people schedule events and stuff when I'm scheduled to not be anywhere near the state or its cities?!

One of these days, I'm going to rent a bus, and put you all on it, so when I'm on vacation in Myrtle Beach, Ottawa, or tornado chasing in Oklahoma, then you guys could have a OC event and I wouldnt have to decide whether to go, or to get my pure terror, or TnA beach bliss.

Seriously, I've never been to the L-ville zoo before, I hear its kinda like Cincinnati's Zoo, but smaller and cleaner.
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeZ07 View Post
    Why do you people schedule events and stuff when I'm scheduled to not be anywhere near the state or its cities?!
    I think maybe you answered you own question there.

It is actually a pretty common saying, "When the Drake is away, have an OC get together."
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by 09jisaac View Post
    I think maybe you answered you own question there.

It is actually a pretty common saying, "When the Drake is away, have an OC get together."
    D:
    D:
    D:
    D:<

Is this because I keep threatening to totally '***-out' and wear the gayest, pinkish, most flamboyant outfit possible, to an OC meet up?

Also, the way you said it, made me think of the movie qoute; "It puts the lotion on its skin, or it gets the hose again." then followed by immense shuddering and cold chills of creepiness.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=

Regular Member LEX_XDM40compact's Avatar
    I am going to pencil in the 21st and plan to attend. I have one thing that day that is not 100%. I will report back here a few days before then and confirm or deny!

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeZ07 View Post
    Is this because I keep threatening to totally '***-out' and wear the gayest, pinkish, most flamboyant outfit possible, to an OC meet up?
    That would be a bit awkward. I can just imagine trying to have a park clean-up, or something like that, with a man dressed like a Las Vegas showgirl.

Drake at the recent OC event:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Showgirl.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	10219
    Last edited by 09jisaac; 04-07-2013 at 10:24 AM.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by 09jisaac View Post
    That would be a bit awkward. I can just imagine trying to have a park clean-up, or something like that, with a man dressed like a Las Vegas showgirl.

Drake at the recent OC event:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Showgirl.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	10219
    Oh hun, I could never do that outfit justice!~ I just don't have the legs for it~ Now Glockster, he has the legs for that outfit, strong yet very smooth and not a single hair~
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=

Quote Originally Posted by gutshot View Post
    This event is now a week away. Are Cottonbaler and I going to be the only OC visitors to the zoo on the 21st. Come on guys, we need at least 10 people.
    I would love come to the zoo in Louisville, but alas, I will be in the Volunteer state. I would like to join at the Beef O'Brady eat. I have heard they have good food.
    Speed is fine
    Accuracy is final

Regular Member LEX_XDM40compact's Avatar
    This event is now a week away. Are Cottonbaler and I going to be the only OC visitors to the zoo on the 21st. Come on guys, we need at least 10 people.
    Im still 50/50 on coming. One family thing that day that again isnt 100%. Would be awesome to meet up.

I work nights so it will depend on if I can wake up or not. Want to come to my house and be my personal alarm clock. I dont live far from the zoo. HAHAHAHA

Reminder...

This Sunday is OC at the Louisville Zoo. $2 admission and free parking. We're still meeting behind the Kroger Gas Station on Poplar Level Rd. at 1:00 pm and leaving for the Zoo promptly at 1:15 pm.

Look for the white Chevy Venture minivan. C'mon guys I want to see you this Sunday!

Quote Originally Posted by Cottonbaler View Post
    This Sunday is OC at the Louisville Zoo. $2 admission and free parking. We're still meeting behind the Kroger Gas Station on Poplar Level Rd. at 1:00 pm and leaving for the Zoo promptly at 1:15 pm.

Look for the white Chevy Venture minivan. C'mon guys I want to see you this Sunday!
    I will also be there. Was hoping to have my Fiance come along, but she has to work, so it will just be myself!

Directions for tomorrow's meetup location: Kroger on Poplar Level Rd.

For those of you coming from out of town, the Kroger where we are meeting is at 4009 Poplar Level Rd. Get off I-264 and head north on Poplar Level Rd. Go through the 1st stop light and look for the big Kmart on the right. The Kroger is next door. Turn right at the Kroger gas station and look for our white Chevy Venture minivan parked directly behind the station. We will leave for the Zoo PROMPTLY AT 1:15 pm!

Mapquest map

Quick AAR from the Louisville Zoo today...

Not even during Halloween have I seen so many people at the Zoo today. Jammed packed! Enjoyed meeting gutshot and sorry we got seperated partner. No one said anything negative to me about my sidearm but one guy did shake my hand and thanked me for carrying. There are no "No Guns" signs posted anywhere that I could see and I checked the spots where I remembered seeing them before.

Next up is the OC meetup at Beef O'Brady's. See you this Saturday.

Not even during Halloween have I seen so many people at the Zoo today. Jammed packed! Enjoyed meeting gutshot and sorry we got seperated partner. No one said anything negative to me about my sidearm but one guy did shake my hand and thanked me for carrying. There are no "No Guns" signs posted anywhere that I could see and I checked the spots where I remembered seeing them before.

Next up is the OC meetup at Beef O'Brady's. See you this Saturday.
    I tried to meet up with you guys, but the with the traffic I didn't get to the meet point until 150! I went to the zoo anyway, fought the crowd to the gorillas and bailed. WAY to many people!

Active Valley Station area OC'ers

Would love to meet up with some of you folks ,I've seen ya around Carrying and would like to see about organizing something on this end and i will be keeping my eye open for all other meetups in the area as well

The meet a Beef O'Brady's

This ones easy since i live two blocks from there . Always ready to meet up with you all any chance i get. and i have a hand full of free 30 minute range time cards for TG&G Gun range i can pass out.
    "To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."
    - George Mason

REMINDER: OC dinner at Beef O'Brady's this Saturday at 5:30...

Quote Originally Posted by KRM59 View Post
    This ones easy since i live two blocks from there . Always ready to meet up with you all any chance i get. and i have a hand full of free 30 minute range time cards for TG&G Gun range i can pass out.
    Anyone who's coming tomorrow evening just ask the hostess for the "ARFCOM" group. She'll point you in the right direction. I'm going to ask for space for 10 people. It's the Beef's on Central Ave. across from the UofL baseball stadium.

Hey KRM59 thanks for offering to bring the TG&G range time coupons. I'm also bringing a couple of small items to give away. Nothing big but hopefully they'll be appreciated.

And Colcat if you're in Valley Station I'm right up the road in PRP. I OC around the Dixie corridor all the time w/ no complaints. send me a PM and we'll get together.

Anyone who's coming tomorrow evening just ask the hostess for the "ARFCOM" group. She'll point you in the right direction. I'm going to ask for space for 10 people. It's the Beef's on Central Ave. across from the UofL baseball stadium..
    Are you talking about the Central Station location at 3101 South 2nd Street

Didn't see one on Central Ave.

Mike

ARFCOM

Mike

I intend to not be such a troll at some point and join these. Unfortunately, I have a daughter in a math placement test all this morning and a dance recital later in the afternoon. 4 kids and my work keeps me hopping all of the time. Please keep posting events - I really want to attend.

Meet at Beef O'Brady's

Want to thank everyone who showed up. it was fun and some interesting conversation. Was great to meet the ones i had not had the pleasure to meet before and good to see the ones i had.
    Still woundering who picked up the Bill for us all .... Hmmmm started hearing the twilight Zone Theme.
    "To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."
    - George Mason