• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I have something to say about SB 1160.

Troy bilt

Agreed :lol: I have already had the talk with my lady friend about this. I will not comply with any new laws:mad:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Anyone who votes for a law that contains what any reasonable person should know is violation of our bill of rights is guilty of treason and should be afforded the treatment that traitors historically have received.

DDoutel

I strongly agree with the part about jurors. we need to spread the word about jurors' responsibilities to refuse to convict anyone under the new law

Yup! We actually do have the final word. I'm actually considering a flier campaign to support just that point.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

motoxmann

Yup! We actually do have the final word. I'm actually considering a flier campaign to support just that point.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

only problem is all the stuck up snobby yuppies in our state that will aggressively attempt the opposite. and we all know how court systems pick and choose the jurors

Last edited:

DDoutel

only problem is all the stuck up snobby yuppies in our state that will aggressively attempt the opposite. and we all know how court systems pick and choose the jurors

Granted; but plant the seed... You only need one on a jury to hang it; right? ;)

You may also be forgetting that a fair number of those who are now felons at the stroke of Mr. Malloy's pen are also stuck-up snobby yuppies...

I think those of us of like mind also need to be getting together loose groups of like-minded citizens in our areas that we can put the word out to if we should come under attack at our homes or places of business. Those who can get there might then hopefully show up in great enough numbers to let the JBT's know that A) we do NOT approve of their actions, and B) we will do whatever we can to interfere with them. If anyone's interested in this idea, contact me; I'm looking to get organized. We can do a lot to impede them with a little creative thinking.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
I am already of the viewpoint to nullify ... for this law and many others ... for telephone calls made to any of the idiots who passed this bill, etc.

CT Patriot

I've been a lurker here for over a week. I strongly agree with your post and had to register on the site to voice my opinion. I agree with everything said by the OP. If we don't stick together now, we will always regret not fighting back against the unconstitutional "laws" placed on law abiding Citizens of this state. I truly believe that these 'laws' will be overturned as the SCOTUS has ruled that you CAN NOT ban firearms AND magazines that are in common use and that's exactly what our so called legislators have done. Also, I feel that this whole process was simply to get more revenue and does nothing for public safety!! All it will do is hurt people who follow the letter of the law and only wish to protect their loved ones. This whole episode makes me sick and we can only hope others will see this too for what it is and NOT convict people for simply having something that's perfectly legal to own, WITHOUT unconstitutional "restrictions". Carry on!!

davidmcbeth

Banned
I've been a lurker here for over a week. I strongly agree with your post and had to register on the site to voice my opinion. I agree with everything said by the OP. If we don't stick together now, we will always regret not fighting back against the unconstitutional "laws" placed on law abiding Citizens of this state. I truly believe that these 'laws' will be overturned as the SCOTUS has ruled that you CAN NOT ban firearms AND magazines that are in common use and that's exactly what our so called legislators have done. Also, I feel that this whole process was simply to get more revenue and does nothing for public safety!! All it will do is hurt people who follow the letter of the law and only wish to protect their loved ones. This whole episode makes me sick and we can only hope others will see this too for what it is and NOT convict people for simply having something that's perfectly legal to own, WITHOUT unconstitutional "restrictions". Carry on!!

There is, I should point out, NO REQUIREMENT for the supreme court to ever hear cases to straighten this out. From 1939 through 2008 I don't think that there were ANY cases SCOTUS took up...Heller was a smart case as the issue of "incorporation" was moot to the case and they took on McDonald ... if they'll take up Heller II and other cases is not a given.

We could have another 70 yr (or forever) drought ... so we may effectively end up with the east coast having no gun rights and other parts having gun rights and other parts being in the middle. And Scalia is not that great a supporter of 2nd amendment rights IMO so I don't know if I want a Scalia current court hearing any of this...it would be a crap shoot IMO.

So looking at alternatives -- always a positive thing to do

CT Patriot

There is, I should point out, NO REQUIREMENT for the supreme court to ever hear cases to straighten this out. From 1939 through 2008 I don't think that there were ANY cases SCOTUS took up...Heller was a smart case as the issue of "incorporation" was moot to the case and they took on McDonald ... if they'll take up Heller II and other cases is not a given.

We could have another 70 yr (or forever) drought ... so we may effectively end up with the east coast having no gun rights and other parts having gun rights and other parts being in the middle. And Scalia is not that great a supporter of 2nd amendment rights IMO so I don't know if I want a Scalia current court hearing any of this...it would be a crap shoot IMO.

So looking at alternatives -- always a positive thing to do

Dave, I understand that there isn't a requirement to hear any particular case. But one would think they'll look at any challenge to the blatantly unconstitutional law just passed here, and in fact NY. But one thing is certain, I hope they look at these BEFORE we loose one of the (so called) conservative Justices because if they wait, and Obama appoints another far left loon to the court, well we're done.

DDoutel

Dave, I understand that there isn't a requirement to hear any particular case. But one would think they'll look at any challenge to the blatantly unconstitutional law just passed here, and in fact NY. But one thing is certain, I hope they look at these BEFORE we loose one of the (so called) conservative Justices because if they wait, and Obama appoints another far left loon to the court, well we're done.

Welcome aboard, CT Patriot! I, like David McBeth, place no faith in the Roberts court, or any court for that matter. I believe that citizens do need to be educated about their rights as jurors, i.e. they have the moral obligation to judge the law itself, and nullify it by refusing to convict under unjust or unconstitutional laws. When the State wishes to punish someone under some law, they must first bring their charges before a jury of the accused's fellow citizens. It is not the juror's duty to mete out punishment, it is their duty to see that no one is convicted unjustly. That is a juror's obligation and responsibility. That is not ever explained to juries by black-robed martinets in their "jury instructions", so we have to educate the public.

Spread that word; discuss it with your friends and acquaintances, ask them to spread it to theirs.

DDoutel

Here's a direct link to the FIJA.org Juror's Handbook; excellent read! Pass it along! Jury Nullification is your ultimate power and responsibility as a citizen of the state and the country. Use it, and never let a black-robed martinet or anyone else tell you as a juror that you do not have this right.

Last edited:

DDoutel

In a more "humorous" vein, I'd also like to see Malloy's ass and all his cronie's asses whipped from office like the "rented mules" they are. I for one, will also be actively working to see my own rep, Mr. Lawrence Cafero (R), soundly defeated. He's as treasonous a bastard as any of the democraps in the legislature.